DUI Still Good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FWIW, my wife needed a new TLS350 to replace her old one (circa 2014) that she outgrew. No problems ordering in late 2019, and she had a brand new custom fitted suit in about 3 weeks. The new suit looks exactly like the old one and the construction seems to be the same. No issues with the new suit so far, with quick production and delivery from a manufacturer that is still located in the US. There was a dip in form and customer service for a few years after the exodus, but I think they've gotten their act together and straightened out a bunch of things. With that said, I recently had to replace my circa 2014 FLX Extreme (same reason as the wife) and chose to go with a different company. Sometimes these things come down to personal preference...I was just interested in trying a different company's high-end suit.

So I’m looking at getting my first real dry suit and have been doing a lot of research. I have a Aqualung Fusion I bought used. If I trade that in on the DUI upgrade I can get a FLX Extreme for basically the same price as a Fourth Element Argonaut Stealth.

Which would you choose? They are both basically a custom made to measure suit

So I’m looking at getting my first real dry suit and have been doing a lot of research. I have a Aqualung Fusion I bought used. /QUOTE]

The Fusion is not a real drysuit? I've been diving a fusion for close to ten years and while it does have some downsides "these all come in to play out of the water not in it" it has been a great suit. With hundreds of dives in it I have yet to come out wet, I can't say the same for a lot of my buddies with more expensive suits.

I've emailed DUI twice in the last few weeks about getting new wrist seals and a leak-check, etc... on my old Signature Suit but have not had the courtesy of any reply. Oh well, another once fine company bites the dust.

read up on this forum.... I wouldn't buy a suit from them now. Paying top dollar for a suit that isn't what it used to be, from a company that is really unstable.

I'd look at the Scubaforce suits if you want the FLX Extreme. I think they're making a better suit than even the golden years of DUI, and they're much cheaper.

@tbone1004 which Scubaforce suit would you recommend?

@tbone1004 I guess something "equivalent" to a DUI FLX Extreme or a Santi E.Lite+?

Their suits are all hybrid neoprenes, so if you want something similar to that the Deep6 suit is actually really badass. I've been down with @cerich all week in cave country and it's an impressive suit. When I need a new bag suit it will be one of these.
Deep 6 Makara Custom Drysuit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom