Generic inflator O ring size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Does anyone know size of the manual dump button O ring used on the generic power inflators as sold by DGX etc. Thank you.
CBA18ABE-5E7E-4CB1-AB1D-9DC700EE753A.jpeg

I'm going to try to get some @couv what duro would be recommended? I'm thinking given it's dynamic and is sealing against a plastic surface a 70/75 would be best? Thanks in advance.

it is LP so 70/75 would be fine

-Z

I'm thinking given it's dynamic and is sealing against a plastic surface a 70/75 would be best?

it is LP so 70/75 would be fine -Z

What y'all said-and what @divad said too about the sporty looking tray.

Those seals are pretty expensive at McMaster (item number 9561K41)
$1.66 for 25 count

McMaster-Carr

That is the cleanest looking inflator I have ever seen disassembled.

I was thinking something similar...actually I was thinking that from the picture the o-ring looks pretty good, but the picture may not be showing all the details. Or, perhaps the o-ring is good and OP is just looking for a replacement to have in their save-a-dive kit.

-Z

Awhile back I sent a member a couple of this size as theirs had broken. I overhaul my own inflators, been doing so a couple decades. I have never replaced the O-ring on a dump valve until recently when I took it apart to see how it worked.. They seem to have a very long life-span, and just work. I figure it's probably a good idea to take the mechanism apart once in awhile just so it doesn't seize up. May as well replace it then to avoid problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom