Tech Diving Limited Customer Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MichigandiverJon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Not sure if I posted in the appropriate place, Does anyone on here have experience in dealing with and buying from Tech Diving Limited in Arizona? Their web site seems legit, www.techdivinglimited.com they have a verified PayPal account, but I can't seem to get any honest communication from them. They have scant reviews on Amazon but are at 33% overall.
I bought a pair of cylinders from them on Nov 27 2019 and they still have not shipped them as of January 16 2020. I've emailed several times and have gotten sporadic responses from them that have stated they are working on the issue but noting more concrete than that, no explanation as to what the issue is. Their phone number always goes to voicemail, I've called three or four times and left messages but have yet to get a call back or even get a real person on the line. I paid through PayPal and can open a case against them but am reluctant to do so in case they're honestly trying. I feel like I got scammed and just don't know what to do at this point

It sounds like the average dive shop: owned by passionate divers, but not businessmen at all...

45 days and they have not shipped an item? That is totally unacceptable in the modern business environment, especially for something that is commonly sold by a plethora or retailers. I routinely order from Dive Gear Express and they ship within 1-2 days. If it were me I would cancel the order, stop payment and take your business somewhere else.

I perused their offerings as well, they have a decent selection but their prices are not competitive, you get much more value from DGX, DRIS, or Cave Adventurers. I get being willing to pay a little more to support your LDS, but if it is an online order and not an in-person sale by an LDS I don't see it.

I don't know this store but 45 days and still no shipping with no explanation or apology by mail / phone is just disrespecting your customers and being unprofessional.

I would cancel the transaction and go somewhere else.

I assume it was for one of the Faber cylinders? I’d guess they’re waiting on a crate but there’s no excuse for that poor of communication. Try reaching out to Joel Silverstein on Facebook. He’s a stand up guy in my experience.

10+ years ago they were a popular site for tech divers. IIRC, shipping was a bit slow back then too. I think reaching out to Joel on FB is a good idea. If it doesnt work out, DRIS stocks a lot of cylinders. Good luck.

They have been around for a long time. Generally thought of as a good business as far as I know. For a place in my state I will admit I do forget they exist, they are not anywhere near close to me. I don't know what is going on with your order but I know they would never have existed for this long if this was normal.

Unless he is waiting on Hurish, then this is normal for any shop these days.

I assume it was for one of the Faber cylinders? I’d guess they’re waiting on a crate but there’s no excuse for that poor of communication. Try reaching out to Joel Silverstein on Facebook. He’s a stand up guy in my experience.
Yeah, I had ordered two Faber Lp85s without valves as I have a few that needed homes

As was suggested here, I reached out to Joel directly via FB. He responded within minutes! He assured me he is now working directly to fix the issue and I should have an Email from him directly Monday with answers. I was reluctant to bother him on a weekend, but am very impressed with his very quick response. Here's hoping!:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom