Caribbean resort ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We LOVE the Couples resorts in Jamaica... couples only, diving included, no tipping allowed and the dive shops are well equipped with great boats and crews. For diving the best of the four seems to be Couples Swept Away.

I have just remembered that there is an all-inclusive resort on Provo in the Turks and Caicos that offers diving and might meet your budget; take a look at the Club Med Turquoise:

https://www.clubmed.us/r/Turkoise/y
I had not heard of this. The onsite operator, Seafari, is extra cost. They appear to only dive off Providenciales. You could choose to use a different operator. It would be a shame to miss out on the diving off West Caicos and French Cay.

I had not heard of this. The onsite operator, Seafari, is extra cost. They appear to only dive off Providenciales. You could choose to use a different operator. It would be a shame to miss out on the diving off West Caicos and French Cay.

Personally, we preferred liveaboards in the T&Cs Provo so we could spend most of the time diving off of West Caicos and French Cay, but the OP is looking for an all-inclusive resort with diving, at a low price for 2 weeks.

The only other AI that I know of on Provo is Beaches and it is not a bargain destination. We only did one Club Med vacation many years ago and we didn't like it - but they had their own dive op and cattle boats - now they have PADI dive ops so it may be better. I only suggested Club Med Turquoise because it may be closer to the OP's budget.

If the budget was a little larger I would have suggested a week at Cobalt Coast on Grand Cayman ($1595/pp) and a week at the Cayman Brac Beach Resort on Brac ($1695/pp) but that would be $3290/pp and an extra $100/pp airfare - and there may be other extras if they want any add-ons - like Nitrox. The prices get cheaper in the Fall but I don't know when the OP plans to travel, and between now and Easter is the peak season across the Caribbean.

I'm not being critical of the OP - your budget is your budget - but the price is the price, and so you just have to figure out the best options. When we were young divers we used to pack up the old beater car and drive all the way from the Midwest to south Florida and the Keys, stay in modest lodgings, and do a lot of our own cooking. You've just got to balance what you can afford versus what's available and what your preferences are in a dive trip.

The Scuba Club Cozumel might work for the OP:
Scuba Club Cozumel Dive Resort - Cozumel, Mexico

Personally, we preferred liveaboards in T&C Provo so we could spend most of the time off of West Caicos and French Cay, but the OP is looking for an all-inclusive resort at a low price for 2 weeks.

The only other AI that I know of on Provo is Beaches and it is not a bargain destination. We only did one Club Med vacation many years ago and we didn't like it - but they had their own dive op and cattle boats - now they have PADI dive ops so it may be better.

I only suggested Club Med Turquoise because it may be closer to the OP's budget.

If the budget was a little bigger I would have suggested a week at Cobalt Coast on Grand Cayman ($1595 pp) and a week at the Cayman Brac Beach Resort on Brac ($1695) but that would mean an extra $100 airfare and there may be other extras if they want any add-ons, like Nitrox. The prices are cheaper in the fall but I don't know when the OP plans to travel.
Understood, Seafari has a 54 foot catamaran, carrying up to 40 divers

@trimixr have you found any place that looks like it might be a good fit for your vacation yet?

I appreciate all of your ideas. Thanks for helping out. I'm still looking around at all of my options at this point. I'll eventually pick a place!

Those are great suggestions Steve but the OP said he is "Hoping to not spend over $2500 p/p all in" and that's very tight for 2 weeks at a Caribbean AI with diving.
I took it as $2500/Person/Week. I don't think AKR or CCV are much more than that, Utopia might be.

Ir it's $2500/week for both, I don't believe there's an AI that cheap.

I took it as $2500/Person/Week. I don't think AKR or CCV are much more than that, Utopia might be.

Ir it's $2500/week for both, I don't believe there's an AI that cheap.

A budget of $2500 per person per week would open up many more options.

My $0.02

Little Cayman Beach Resort, Little Cayman. Pros, valet diving, more 'resort' feel, great rooms. Cons, only 3 dives a day, VERY structured dive plans, mediocre food, hungry mosquitoes.

Coco View Roatan, Little Cayman. Pros, unstructured, 4 boat dives + unlimited shore dives, great food, casual atmosphere. Cons, meager accomodations, hungry no see-ums.

My vote would be Roatan if you want more diving, Little Cayman if you want more assistance. I have not been to Coz or Bonaire yet so I cannot comment.

My $0.02

Little Cayman Beach Resort, Little Cayman. Pros, valet diving, more 'resort' feel, great rooms. Cons, only 3 dives a day, VERY structured dive plans, mediocre food, hungry mosquitoes.

Coco View Roatan, Little Cayman. Pros, unstructured, 4 boat dives + unlimited shore dives, great food, casual atmosphere. Cons, meager accomodations, hungry no see-ums.

My vote would be Roatan if you want more diving, Little Cayman if you want more assistance. I have not been to Coz or Bonaire yet so I cannot comment.

When was the last time you were at LCBR? When we were there in November the food was fantastic, really delicious. We thought that the food was okay when we were there 2 years ago, but it is now much improved IMO.

When was the last time you were at LCBR?

I was there in October 2019 for my 40th. Food was mediocre. Plentiful and varied, but mediocre. I would still go back in a heartbeat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom