Where to stay while diving with Aldora - top spots are full

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I shop hotels by price first, but skip the ones that have hostel in their names. There are several available on hotels.com that it claims are close to the ferry pier, but I like to be close to the channel and south of the plaza, so you might like some that I'd skip. I've walked past Agave Azul many times and thought it looked seedy.
Hotel Mary Carmen is available via Travago and booking.com.
Trivago does show Mary Carmen available on booking.com, which claims to have one room available @ $52/night plus taxes & fees. Maybe they do have access that hotels.com doesn't. Kayak shows Mary Carmen has rooms on priceline and a few other sites.

If none of this works there's a little concrete shell of a home along the west / south shore of the island that maybe you could bivouac in.
Does it have electricity and a flush toilet?

I shop hotels by price first, but skip the ones that have hostel in their names. There are several available on hotels.com that it claims are close to the ferry pier, but I like to be close to the channel and south of the plaza, so you might like some that I'd skip. I've walked past Agave Azul many times and thought it looked seedy.

Trivago does show Mary Carmen available on booking.com, which claims to have one room available @ $52/night plus taxes & fees. Maybe they do have access that hotels.com doesn't. Kayak shows Mary Carmen has rooms on priceline and a few other sites.

Does it have electricity and a flush toilet?

I seriously doubt it. It doesn't look finished yet.

I am not a hostel guy
Me neither! Funny, hotels.com still has 2tank Dive Hostel Cozumel Premium Shared Dormitory (4 bunk beds) @ $15/night for those dates while kayak is quoting $30/night for the same dorm bunk. Pretty stoic. Oh,nope, they just went up to $30. They do have a Economy Room, No Windows @ $50-53/night, also pretty stoic. Coz actually has several hostels, Airnbs, etc along with hotels I've never heard of. Then there's La Casona Art & Recycling, one place just called Furnished Apartments in Cozumel, as well as some place offering tent camping.

Kayak is still offering Hotel Mary Carmen direct or thru priceline or booking.com. I'd go for that, then forward the confirmation email to hotelmarycarmen.com.mx with any special requests, or just to confirm. Those courtyard turtles are a hoot, always begging for treats brought down from breakfast, but don't hand feed. They bite!

You may be better off at MC due to Carnival. I think we discussed that Casa Mexicana is loud at all hours during Carnival.

Oh, I mentioned the begging turtles, but failed to warn you about the pigeons. Mary Carmen's offers an optional breakfast for $6/day, the the little lady does a nice job offering different choices - not as lavish as at Mexicana, but plenty of good food, cold cereals, juices, etc. Her English is as bad as my Spanish so we both made sounds and pointed, but that usually worked. One morning I did get her to fry me three eggs, but she had to call in a translator.

Take all of your food together to your table on the outside patio tho, as those flying rats are watching. If you go back for more coffee or seconds, whatever you left on the table will be lost.

Back
Top Bottom