Threads in diving regulators etc, o-ring sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pretty sure it's 5/16-32 Couv. Most of them are.
Hi @herman could you double check that please? Could it be a 5/16-24? I don't have a 5/16-32 or a 5/16-24, but when I compare the orifice threads to a 3/8-24 tap the threads match-not the diameter of course.

Thanks,

Couv

Will do, I have the gauges to confirm it....or whatever it is. :)
That was off the top of my head....and I have those taps and dies for some reason.

I pulled one out of a G200B so I am positive it's a SP, it is 5/16-32. I also checked a second unknown one (but am pretty sure its from a 109) and it was also 5/16-32. I double checked the prints on the Kraken and it's also 5/16-32. Pretty sure that was the more or less the industry standard. It is a standard thread so It makes sense to use the finest thread that was standard in that size range to keep cost down and at the same time allow as fine as possible adjustment control. I knew there had to be a reason I had taps and dies in that size. :)

While I was at it, both ends of the G200B barrel are 9/16-18

Thank you Sir.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom