Short single wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DickyDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, I'm 5 ft 3

I'm in need of a short single cylinder wing.

I currently use an oms for my twins which is around 20 inch in length and is fine. The apeks wtx d 40 is around 25 inch which means it would sit on my ass and is too long.

Any suggestions?

In the pictures they have a measuring tape next to them and they seem to measure 25 inch.

Although in the description it says 22 inflated.

dive rite is generally shorter and fatter than the oxycheq style ones (like the newer apeks, vdh, dgx, mares xr, etc). the skeleton back wobbles a bit though without a sta.

the old trek wing is really short, but is a horse shoe and a bit too wide for single tank imo.

In the pictures they have a measuring tape next to them and they seem to measure 25 inch.

I think that is the 35# wing in that picture.

Edit: I went back to the store web page, Bryan used the same photos for all three size wings; but gives the actual dimensions underneath.

HOG still make a 23#? It is (was?) shorter and wider..

Good luck. My 5'-2" tall wife has the a similar problem, and it gets even worse using a HP80. Major pinch flat opportunity.

Good luck.

Dr problem?

I guess the oms is shorter because it is wider to accommodate the twins. Integrated bcd's are usually an ok size, like scubapro hydros pro. but as soon as its bp/w they seem to grow.

lol

Im a little tired of lugging twins around out of the water so the idea is to go back to single cylinder, and a steel stage, 2 if I need adp.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom