Canon M6 Mark II - Nauticam Housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VsubT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Canon crew,

I'm currently shooting a G7X with Nauticam housing, and considering moving to a M6 Mk II if Nauticam starts making a housing for it in the near future. M5 has apparently been eliminated from the upgrade cycle with just the new M6. A new housing seems reasonably likely given their housings for M5 and R bodies, but I'm not hearing anything about it yet. Any rumors out there?

Not an Ikelite housing fan, but that's the only option available for the M6 Mk II right now. Might punt to an Olympus 4/3 system in Nauticam instead, but I really like Canon's WB and color range.

Lance

I haven't heard about a 6DMkII housing. I use a 5D4 in a Nauticam housing and love it but it is big and everything is expensive but that is true of all UWP stuff. The 5D4s are getting old enough you can find them at a lower price but will likely need to source the housing new. The EOS Rs are interesting but the glass for them is L glass and really big so no real advantage over EF.

I haven't heard about a 6DMkII housing. I use a 5D4 in a Nauticam housing and love it but it is big and everything is expensive but that is true of all UWP stuff. The 5D4s are getting old enough you can find them at a lower price but will likely need to source the housing new. The EOS Rs are interesting but the glass for them is L glass and really big so no real advantage over EF.
I think that the OP was asking about availability of a Nauticam housing for the M6 Mirrorless Camera (that was released at the same time as the 90D and shares the sensor with the 90D) not the 6D Mkii DSLR.

I think that the OP was asking about availability of a Nauticam housing for the M6 Mirrorless Camera (that was released at the same time as the 90D and shares the sensor with the 90D) not the 6D Mkii DSLR.

@Hoag, that’s exactly what I meant, thanks for interpreting while I was off-line. Good information from darook, just not what I’m seeking.

if anyone is shooting a Canon M5 or M6 currently, would love to hear what you think of it. Thanks,

Lance

@Hoag, that’s exactly what I meant, thanks for interpreting while I was off-line. Good information from darook, just not what I’m seeking.

if anyone is shooting a Canon M5 or M6 currently, would love to hear what you think of it. Thanks,

Lance
I do not have an M6, but my concern with it would be the availability, selection and quality of "M-Mount" lenses. M4/3 is a system that is fairly "mature" with some excellent lens choices for both above and below the surface. I used to shoot a first gen Olympus M4/3 camera (ELP-1) and although it served me well, when I replaced it, it was starting to show its age. Current offerings from either Olympus or Panasonic would give you a huge step up from your G7X. The Panasonic 8mm f3.5 fisheye is a great underwater lens as is the Olympus 60mm f2.8 macro lens. (M4/3 lenses are interchangeable between both Olympus and Panasonic, so you can use lenses from either manufacturer (as well as a couple others).

I am currently shooting a Sony A6000 and I have to admit that I do like it as my underwater camera. It is an APS-C sized sensor and there is a good selection of lenses for it. I use the 16-55mm kit lens and the 10-18mm for wide angle.

Hi Canon crew,

I'm currently shooting a G7X with Nauticam housing, and considering moving to a M6 Mk II if Nauticam starts making a housing for it in the near future. M5 has apparently been eliminated from the upgrade cycle with just the new M6. A new housing seems reasonably likely given their housings for M5 and R bodies, but I'm not hearing anything about it yet. Any rumors out there?

Not an Ikelite housing fan, but that's the only option available for the M6 Mk II right now. Might punt to an Olympus 4/3 system in Nauticam instead, but I really like Canon's WB and color range.

Lance
I’ve been asking the same question and even sending them an email last few months but up until now there’s no news regarding housing development for M6II. I’m also currently using G7X with complete Nauticam setup and looking forward to upgrade to M6II.

I'm currently shooting an original M6 in a Sea Frogs housing. I've just started using it underwater, but have extensive experience with the M6 on land. It is an excellent camera, and the ef-m lenses are better then people give them credit for. I'd have no reservations about going with an M6 mk ii and you could either run the ef-m lenses or any of the standard ef lenses with an adapter.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom