Beuchat Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baldone

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I run across this in an auction. It's a Beuchat Swiss made computer. If I decide to take a run at it I'd like to know if it has a user changeable battery. I'd be replacing may original Parkway that I used for years. I screwed up the last time I changed the battery in it and I don't know if I can salvage it. Thanks, Jim
Beuchat.jpg

Thanks for the info. I'll pass on it then. I have Aeris Atmos 2 that I can use. I don't dive Nitrox yet and it's getting to the point that I'm probably not going to be diving much longer. Jim

This isn't a dive computer, rather it is digital depth timer gauge. Scubapro still offers one; when the battery dies the device is replaced, at a discount, rather than changing the battery. Not sure about your Beuchat, though. The link for the place in FL is a good starting point.

It is a bottom timer.

Auction for a piece of junk!
I had read from SB that the memory is volatile ie. change the battery before it went dead. You need to drain the oil first(there is a draining plug), slice the bottom off, replace the battery etc etc.

Unless one is thinking to dive very deep otherwise most budget DC with gauge mode can do the same job at lower cost than SP latest BT model(330m).

Update, I passed on the Beuchat. which was a good thing after what was said here. I went an Estate Sale and scored an Aeris Atmos Elite air integrated computer. All I had to do is put in a new battery which was in the case. Was in excellent condition. Had the instructions and everything including extra batteries. The cover/screen guard could use a little polishing or if I can find a replacement I'll change it. Lets say I paid less then $30 for it. Sometimes Neptune smiles on you.:acclaim:Jim

Actually made by Uwatec in Switzerland. Very old, about 30 years, worth $5 or so. A bottom timer only, NOT a computer. Yes, battery can be changed.

Back
Top Bottom