Who to dive with in Boca Raton?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do all my diving in Boynton Beach, Jupiter, and West Palm and only have recommendations for those places.

Does this mean you’re not happy that I’m freely signing you up to be a tour guide for the Atlantic coast Of Florida ? C’mon, where’s your sense of charity and generosity?

I am going to be in Boca / Deerfield Beach the week of the 13th. I have the opportunity to do a 2 tank on the morning of the 14th with a co-worker. He is only OW with about 45 dives and it has been a year and a half since his last dive. So we are limited to easier sites / dives.

I did a web contact with Dixie Divers but have received no response, and they have now updated their schedule with the United Caribbean for the morning of the 14th; my co-worker has a preference for pretty fishies rather than wrecks so they are probably out.

Any other suggestions that are occasional diver friendly? Or should we just hop down to Key Largo? I know he has dived there before (I have as well, but this is about getting him in the water), but it is a bit of a hike.

I should mention that I will be bringing my own gear, but he will need full rental kit.

I would drive to West Palm Beach and go with Pura Vida or Wetter is Better.

Current forecast shows 2-4 ft seas with 5 second interval and 15 kt winds for Tuesday. Doesn't sound great.
Who did you end up linking up with?

+1 for Narcosis Dive. If interested in a shore dive, try Lauderdale by the Sea, or check out Sink Florida Sink for other options. Enjoy!

It is going to be too rough on Tuesday for a beach or boat dive! That is why several of us have recommended the Blue Heron Bridge which is in the inter coastal waterway and should not be affected.

Does this mean you’re not happy that I’m freely signing you up to be a tour guide for the Atlantic coast Of Florida ? C’mon, where’s your sense of charity and generosity?
I sent @gcarter a PM recommending he think about using Narcosis out of West Palm if seas are up, but doable. The inlet is the most forgiving, the boat is stable and powerful, Capt Alex is good. :)

I sent @gcarter a PM recommending he think about using Narcosis out of West Palm if seas are up, but doable. The inlet is the most forgiving, the boat is stable and powerful, Capt Alex is good. :)

Narcosis is a good option if the seas are doable, I like their boat! Right now the forecast is 2-4 with the occasional 5, it will be a little rough but still safe on a 48 foot dive boat.

After diving off of the Channel Islands in Cali, 2-4 is not too bad.

So here's the scoop:

First off, thanks for all the feedback.

After getting into my hotel yesterday afternoon, I spent some time calling around. JDC had nobody booked, which I thought telling. I called Narcosis and they are closed for the week. My next call was E Force, thinking that they would at least be a good barometer since they deal with multiple boats. The lady I spoke to when I asked her opinion of a dive for this morning was "It will be gross" LOL. She said that they had called around to several boats and that none of the ones they called would be going out.

Given that I was looking to take out a relatively inexperienced diver, I thought it not worth it. And since he is my boss, I thought it not worth trying to explain why I was doing a dive without him if I decided to go rogue solo and find someone willing to take just me :)

I'll be back and there is always another day to dive.

Cheers

Hi, I have been diving for a while and my little trick is to snorkel in potential areas I am interested in first before booking a diving session...

In Florida, I just could not decided where I wanted to dive first so I ended up renting a boat with Click&Boat and spending the day sailing to different spots- that is what i would do and then dive with certain companies based on the spots. Or if you have your own equipment dive with a rental boat!

hope this helps! happy diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom