Diving Subic Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi
Subic wrecks are nice if you do penetration dives.
The LST has a nice circuit around the landing area.
The NY has a long winding circuit in the different parts of the wreck.
Coron has nice circuits also in the Irako and the others but also nice marine life on the outside of the wrecks.
You also have nicer surrondings in Coron.

You can fly easily between Clark (Subic) and Busuanga (Coron).

Both have quite different diving 'rules'. Subic also has some cool planes on offer (F14, Sky Raider, Tabby ...) check out Arizona's website Arizona Dive Shop in Subic Bay Philippines

Feel free to give us a holler on the board, PM us or email us with any questions you may have about diving Subic Bay, staying in the area, transportation and other things to do. We are happy to help.

- It is fast and easy to get here from Manila or Clark
- There are loads of resorts and rooms (Barrio Barretto is where you need to be)
- Lots of restaurants, night-life and things to do
- It is cheap! (My San Mig Light that I am drinking right now is p60 ($1.20)
- There are a lot of dive sites, mostly all wrecks and some pretty darn good dives. All with some history!
- Definitely a great dive "chill trip" with not a lot of hassle!
- and more!

Hope to see you here!

Most people will recommend who they dived with and nothing wrong with that. Input is good :) All the dive operators in the area travel to the same wrecks and dive sites.

I've dived with both Johan's and Arizona and would have to choose Johan's myself. They opened a new place just down from their old one in Baloy Long Beach which I checked out in May. Still has a laid back atmosphere which I like, new rooms, good food, and one of the oldest dive operators in Subic. Johan's Beach and Dive Resort Subic Bay Philippines –

I stayed at Arizona only once and was not impressed. I won't stay there again. The room was overpriced for what I got and they nickle and dime you on everything it seems. There is a ton of (overpriced) toiletries, snacks, drinks etc... in the room which are for sale and which you can either trust them or spend several minutes doing an inventory before you sign for it. I found that very annoying. If you decide to dive with them I'd recommend Coffee Shop Rooftop Hotel which is just across the street. I've stayed there often. Nicer and cheaper rooms. Arizona's dive operation is good but I wouldn't say it's better than Johan's. They do have really good food though and I eat there fairly regularly when I'm in Barretto :)

I will be heading to Subic area soon. Right now I would have to drive past the active volcano on my was so I will stay in the south for now.

Since I have a car I am not constrained to stay an dive at the same place. There are lots of Airbnb available with light housekeeping for as low as 1000 p ( $US 20) a night, parking included. ( I have been living in different Airbnb's for the past several months as I move around the Islands.)

I will head there, go and talk to the dive shops and pick one to dive with, it looks like dives are as low as 1000 or 1100 with own gear.

Three dives a day, with accommodation and everything for around $US 80-90 a day.

Yeah Johan's is around 1100 now and a lot of them are in that 1000-1100 range. Arizona is one of the shops that charges significantly more and they make no apologies for it. They're a good shop and I even recommended them at one time as a possibility if a package rate including a room was available.

There are rooms available in Barretto in that 1000-1200 peso range. Don't know about parking as I've never driven in the Philippines other than a few occasions that I rented motorbikes.

Back
Top Bottom