What is your favorite Grand Cayman dive site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divetech Cayman

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello Scubaboard Cayman fans, we need your help.

We've been working on a new staff top-10 list - the favorite dive sites. Many days we've had customer request a particular dive site because they read about it on Scubaboard, or in a dive magazine. But as the Divetech staff will tell you, these requested sites aren't always the best ones.

So we polled the Divetech staff and began to write an article on the top dive site choices and why they like them. Then it occurred to us, how will this list compare with what the customers like?

So.... we have created a one-question survey on Survey Monkey: What are your favorite dive sites in Grand Cayman? We have limited it to the dive sites within our normal operating range, so West Bay and the North Wall. Basically it's a checklist of all the dive sites in that area. Simply check off the ones you like. Check as many or as few as you like, but just check the ones you like.

Survey is here: The top dive sites in Cayman - West Bay and North Wall

If you need some help remembering what site is what, you can consult our dive site map here: https://www.divetech.com/divesites

And finally we can answer once and for all. :-D

Tony

Going to be out there in a few weeks. Hope to be able to check a few of these off the list.

This is a great thread. I love love Northwest point, although Ghost Mountain might edge it out. Love Darwin’s Theory every single time love octopus and there is a happy camper there. Have to admit perhaps my most memorable was Out East. Carrying the can and first thinking why are they looking at me. Shark/point/lookdown/6ft black tip dropping the was a no brainer.
Having a mom dolphin show off her tiny Baby was incredible especially when we caught a breath and realized it wasn’t Silkies in The Galapagos. The snakes on the northern GBR were beyond frightening but happily we didin’t end up there. Skyscraper City was amazing but being there when a manta that looked liked my imagination of the Starship Enterprise so big to block out all the light was off the charts. But before The Galapagos, maybe my favorite ever was spending over an hour with an incredible octopus off Macabuca two decades ago. How does anyone ever pick a favorite? Even with those great dives in far off places my favorite dives are right here. We are blessed.

Thank you guys for all the responses. In a few weeks I'll have some results posted, once I finish our article.

Done. Did 3 trees used to be 14 trees at one time?

Not to my knowledge, but you never know. They did make some changes when the Dive 365 thing was introduced years ago.

There is a 3 trees and a 13 trees. My running joke is 13 trees needs to be renamed to "15 trees and some bushes."

My last checkout dive with DiveTech back in 1998 was called 14 Trees (the reason I was asking), but after checking my notes, it may have also been known as Lost Treasure. Was that site on the survey list?

My last checkout dive with DiveTech back in 1998 was called 14 Trees (the reason I was asking), but after checking my notes, it may have also been known as Lost Treasure. Was that site on the survey list?
Yes Lost Treasure is on the list. We just dived it yesterday.

@Divetech Cayman Did this Survey every get finished?

Hi. It did, but then the article sat for a while because we couldn't figure out what sort of spin to put on it. But then we realized we were overthinking it. It has been written and is in our scheduled queue for March 9, but I can re-arrange, and get it up sooner. I'll see if we can make it the next one released.

Tony

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom