How to secure fins on BC after dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

STIDVC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hey guys, was wondering what are the ways you guys secure your fins after a shore dive? My current idea is getting those clips like the ones you get from shearwater and clipping it to your bc followed by securing the bungee strap to the clip.

Cheers

Double ended boltsnap, often called a double ender or a double eye sliding bolt snap

Could always clip them to a carabiner that you have attached to one of your D-rings. Just slip the heel straps into the carabiner and you should be good to go. I have one on one of my left shoulder D-rings that I clip my full face mask to when I take it off so it's not dangling by the hose.

In my butt pouch, I carry a 125mm long piece of 6mm bungee with ~25mm loops tied at each end. I can use it for a few things if need be. A fin strap, mask strap but I typically attach a double-ender to it and hang my fins from a chest D-ring.

I usually just carry them in my hands.....but an oval carabiner clipped to your BC also works
718z8fsm6bL._AC_SX355_.jpg

012184_newbig.jpg

Great ideas guys and gals, I’ll definitely try to tinker around. I too normally just grab them with my hands but recently some added gear has made me want to try a more hands free approach. Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom