Labuan Bajo topside?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greenpearlin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Mrs and I will be doing a Komodo LOB in Jun 2020. The boat embarks at Labuan Bajo. We will be flying into Bali and have 3 nights and 2 full days before getting on the boat. We have been to Bali quite a few times so would rather explore some place else, but am not sure where best way to spend those two days? Any of you kind folks have suggestions?

you can easily chill and spend a relaxed day in LB, go to fish market, massage etc.

I remember they also have a waterfall, a cave and an underground lake in the area that sounded like a good day tour...

How about landside trip like :
- From Bali (or Surabaya) going for a Kawah Ijen Volcano trek on east Java, it's just in front of Bali would take 2 d/1n
- Flying to Maumere east side of Flores, go and see Kelimutu volcano (three colored lakes) and beautiful surroundings, fly back to LBJ west side of Flores.

What are the flights from LBJ to Maumere? All I see I have to go back to Bali. I was thinking of doing a few days of shore diving in Alor/Flores before my Komodo LOB which leaves from LBJ.

What are the flights from LBJ to Maumere? All I see I have to go back to Bali. I was thinking of doing a few days of shore diving in Alor/Flores before my Komodo LOB which leaves from LBJ.
Flying back through Kupang with Wings Air, takes 2:40 h, might be the same plane. (If you go to Alor, you should fly back to Kupang)...
...OR direct Ende to LBJ (40 minutes with Wings Air). Ende can be a convenient solution if you visit Kelimutu 3 colored lakes and the (beautiful) countryside but then you'll have to overnight in Ende.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom