Shearwater transmitter pulse timing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamby66

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am curious as to what the timing is for the two different transmitters and the timing for faults in the Perdix AI and Teric computers.

I know the transmitters work at 38khz, but I can not figure out what the pulse interval is between data packets.

Can someone tell me what the pulse interval is for the two different transmitters?

Second, how long will the AI computers take before they show a lost comms caution (yellow) and and a lost comms warning (red)?

I am curious as to how many missed data pulses that are interrupted before a fault is shown.

Thank you.

Hi.
The grey transmit interval is 5.0 seconds and the yellow transmitters are 5.2 seconds. Note that Shearwater branded transmitters sold prior to the recall had a 5.0 second interval. New yellow transmitters post-recall are marked with ‘5.2’ after the serial number and date code.

Shearwater AI computers display a yellow ‘comms’ warning (with last pressure displayed) if communications are lost for 30 seconds or more. A red ‘comms’ warning (with no pressure shown) is displayed if communications are lost for 90 seconds or more. Note that if communications errors occur for less than 30 seconds, no warnings are shown but the pressure display is not updated until valid communication is received.

We hope this helps.

Cheers

Reactions: Jay
That is awesome. Thank you very much. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom