Atomic Aquatics Hose Recall Service - Shout out to Blue Octopus Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The hose has a proprietary fitting on the end. Can't use it with anything else. And they are super expensive (for a hose...). Not much reason for shops to stock boxes of them

The hose has a proprietary fitting on the end. Can't use it with anything else. And they are super expensive (for a hose...). Not much reason for shops to stock boxes of them

I hadn't realized that Atomic had followed the old Poseidon model, which even they have since ceased to do. Even so, the old shop where I worked, stocked their older OPV hoses, which were specific and expensive, even by today's standards; but the odd notion of being unable to replace any hose upon demand, in a dive shop, is utterly alien to me.

Why stock a brand that you're incapable of repairing?

....unless they sell Atomic regulators, and knew there was a recall, and have a bunch of customers who they sold Atomic regulators to....

but the odd notion of being unable to replace any hose upon demand, in a dive shop, is utterly alien to me.

Why stock a brand that you're incapable of repairing?

With a $7 jam nut, you can install any regulat hose on the 2nd stage.

I personally own 20 atomic regulators. Half are Ti, half are Monel. I do not like the swivel hose, nor do I like to maintain them.

I have some B2s. Sold all the swivels on ebay.... The add extra weight and don't work well when pressurized anyway.

With a $7 jam nut, you can install any regulator hose on the 2nd stage.

Those speciality hoses, to which I had referred, required, at that time, an integral OPV, which precluded any real alteration -- since those earlier first stages, right up to some the earliest of the Xstreams, did not possess any; and I am fully aware of the beauty of 7.00 jam nuts . . .

With a $7 jam nut, you can install any regulat hose on the 2nd stage.
Link to jam nuts please.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom