Hello divers! I'm new to diving and the forum!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome @rrpersson! Where are you planning to get certified?

Thanks for the welcome. I'm from southern Sweden and I simple plan on doing it with my local dive center. I really looking forward it. February 11 it will all kick off.

Welcome. You will never think about anything else ever again.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm from southern Sweden and I simple plan on doing it with my local dive center. I really looking forward it. February 11 it will all kick off.
Brrr! You're made of sterner stuff than I! Good luck; stay warm.

Hello everyone,

It's nice to be here. I will do my best to stay active and engage in conversations.

I'm brand new to the world of scuba diving. I am not certified yet but I have my open water course booked for February and I am beyond stoked to start this amazing sport.

I'm looking froward to spend my hard earned money on gear and trips, sink my teeth into everything that comes with it and learn a lot a long the way..... oh, and also swim with sharks one day!

Welcome.

If I could offer any advice -- don't get up-sold by shops, who have, in recent years, begun to sell and display regulators and some other gear as though they were jewelry. Also, avoid preassembled packages (frequently described as "bronze," "silver," and "gold" options) since there's always a weak link somewhere; and, if possible, try to vary the brands of rental gear available to you during courses, to discover what suits you . . .

Welcome.

If I could offer any advice -- don't get up-sold by shops, who have, in recent years, begun to sell and display regulators and some other gear as though they were jewelry. Also, avoid preassembled packages (frequently described as "bronze," "silver," and "gold" options) since there's always a weak link somewhere; and, if possible, try to vary the brands of rental gear available to you during courses, to discover what suits you . . .

That's great advice!

Thanks for that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom