All-inclusive (or almost) resorts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to say if you are a strict vegan you really might want to consider staying in a place with a kitchen. The food at The Plaza is primarily buffet. So you are stuck with what they have. The salad bar is ok. The steam trays you can never be sure what is vegetarian let alone vegan. I would contact them to find out if they could accommodate your diet.

Yes, I've read that there are many restaurants to choose from. However, I am vegan, and don't want to spend hours looking up menus of different places to see if I'll be able to eat there. We wouldn't mind some dinners out, but also don't want to be driving around all the time, ya know?

Honestly, just my perspective:
Bonaire, Vegan, Upscale and All-Inclusive COMBINED, is a huge oxy-moron and will be a real challenge.

If you are strict about your food lifestyle (vegan or plant based), I think:
1. You are going to want to have a kitchen or facilities to accommodate/prepare some food yourself
2. You will want a vehicle to go out and buy the foods and ingredients to prepare on site
3. You will also want a vehicle to go out to the handful of good restaurants that can accommodate your food lifestyle-- they do exist on Bonaire

As you have already seen by the previous responses:
1. Bonaire is limited when it comes to "all-inclusives"
2. It is limited when it comes to "higher-end or upscale resorts" (subjective to how you define that)
3. When you throw in a limited food lifestyle --- you are EXTREMELY limited in an attempt to combine all of them.

If you are willing to compromise any of your priorities AND depending on which ones are the most negotiable, it will help dictate and narrow down the choices/options.

Your best bet is to stay at Buddy or Captain Don’s, do the dive & drive package, and hit the Van den Tweel market on day 1. You’ll have a truck, a kitchen to cook daily if you want and a breakfast buffet.

when I think upscale, Bonaire Is not on my list. I’ve been 9 times now and have had amazing trips but the island is more rustic, casual etc.

For a restaurant "Go Green" is now behind Gio’s and across the alley. Check the hours since only open a few days a week so check their facebook page. It is a vegetarian and vegan restaurant serving food with an Indian flair.

Gogreen Center

I wonder if Harbour Village might be a good option? I suspect the on site restaurant would accommodate vegans. And there are lots of other places in walking distance.

For a restaurant "Go Green" is now behind Gio’s and across the alley. Check the hours since only open a few days a week so check their facebook page. It is a vegetarian and vegan restaurant serving food with an Indian flair.

Gogreen Center
+1 for Go Green. Definitely good food and primarily Vegan. Also, Salatiga (Indonesian/Thai food) has many Vegan options- it is located below Osaka (Sushi/Japanese), as does Mezze (Middle Eastern food) - MEZZE Mezze Bonaire

Plaza now has room only pricing. I thought the rooms were fine with cold AC. The food was terrible. Like someone else said, eat all over the island, plenty of good food.

Planning our first trip to Bonaire (husband and I) and I am a bit overwhelmed with so many choices!! Is there any consensus on the best all- or mostly-inclusive dive resorts? With dive packages, restaurant(s) on-site, dive center? A bit upscale?

I've read through a lot of threads and it has helped to cross a couple places off my list but still finding it tough to choose. We like our vacations as stress-free as possible, so somewhere that is well organized is important. My previous southern dive vacations have been to the Caymans and Turneffe (Belize) so I've been spoiled with valet diving :wink: At home it's mostly shore diving though, so that is no problem, mostly we just don't want to deal with rental vehicle breakdowns, etc. since our vacation days are limited and we definitely want to optimize them!!

Currently considering the following:

Cap't Dons
Divi Flamingo
Plaza

Thanks for any help :)

I loved Buddy Dive. As much air as you wanted; reef dive right there; great boat dives; good restaurants if you did not want to go out; huge condo overlooking the sea; rental truck right there; super clean; super nice staff. December 2019. I will go back.

Thanks all! :) Lots to decide on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom