Scubapro G250 and Graphite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reading many posts on this Board, it would appear I would be better served if it was a “straight” G250, instead of an HP. Does this group agree? If so, can it be modified back to G250? Or, should I sell it and use the other two 250’s?

Thanks for the help!!

If I had the three and was going to sell one, yes, I would sell the HP. But if you want 3 G250ies, and the HP is working fine-no reason to sell it or modify it.

BTW 3 G250ies are not nearly enough. :) In fact, what you need is a MK10 to go with it, and another G250, hmmm...who do I know that has those for sale?

Au contraire mon frere; a major part of the so called upgrade was to throw away a perfectly good air barrel and adjustment knob so a lot of ...you know the term...could be installed in it's place. See the attached bulletin.

I think Mr. @rhwestfall is correct, or someone cannibalized a cover.

So, could I/should I have it converted back? I believe that would mean, at thenleast, re-installing a metal barrel?

I have two plastic barrel HPs that only say G250 on the cover, each from different source, histories are unknown so "upgrade" is a possibility on them.

Jacobyz, I have a couple extra metal air barrels and associated parts for G250 on hand if you happen to need one. Agree there is no big reason to make the switch, personal preference perhaps.

I have two plastic barrel HPs that only say G250 on the cover, each from different source, histories are unknown so "upgrade" is a possibility on them.

Jacobyz, I have a couple extra metal air barrels and associated parts for G250 on hand if you happen to need one. Agree there is no big reason to make the switch, personal preference perhaps.

Thanks!! I need to figure out how to open up all three of my 250’s and check the “internals” to better understand what I have. I just purchased the SP multi-tool and a cover tool. I service my own offshore and fly fishing reels, so I believe I can handle at least this cover removal!!

Undo jam nut, rotate barrel so lever is pointing down, push from hose side, it'll come out. Wind adj knob in a bit, remove C clip just below adj knob, unscrew adj knob, balance chamber and spring will likely pop out with a tap or two.

The poppet sometimes gets hung up, position lever in its highest position and tap, if it still doesn't come out, keep lever in highest position and using something thin enough to fit through orifice hole and gently push it out.

To remove orifice, unscrew until it seems to be just turning but not moving, from the adj knob side, use a plain round wooden chopstick and push out orifice.

Feel free to message me if you need help or schematics etc. cheers.

Than
Undo jam nut, rotate barrel so lever is pointing down, push from hose side, it'll come out. Wind adj knob in a bit, remove C clip just below adj knob, unscrew adj knob, balance chamber and spring will likely pop out with a tap or two.

The poppet sometimes gets hung up, position lever in its highest position and tap, if it still doesn't come out, keep lever in highest position and using something thin enough to fit through orifice hole and gently push it out.

To remove orifice, unscrew until it seems to be just turning but not moving, from the adj knob side, use a plain round wooden chopstick and push out orifice.

Feel free to message me if you need help or schematics etc. cheers.

Thank you!! I will give it a try.

It is pretty simple, and @buddhasummer gave a very nice description. Just be very careful with removing the orifice. As stated, a wooden chop stick or a pencil (soft material) is needed to not damage the knife edge.

Or go to Vintage Double Hose and follow Bryans instructional video. That is what started me down the rabbit hole of self repair and maintenance.
I’m exactly at that point right now! I binged VDH videos and I’m about to buy my first used g250 and try it. I’m open to any advice! (Sorry for the tread hijack)

No pin on the dust cover, I guess italian?

Attachments

• 2020-01-15 17.47.20.jpg
    2020-01-15 17.47.20.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 83
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom