Everyday Watch

Just curious about how many of you use the Teric as an everyday watch?

• Always

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Never, I only use it for diving

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed Wabals

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Thinking of getting this for a dive computer, but was wondering who uses it as an everyday watch?

You certainly can use it this way, but it requires a bit too much charging for my taste. I'll use it this way on a dive vacation but not every day. Now if I had the fancy GOLD version...

You certainly can use it this way, but it requires a bit too much charging for my taste. I'll use it this way on a dive vacation but not every day. Now if I had the fancy GOLD version...

The fancy gold one is too bright for my liking, I will go with the Black

I wear a normal "dive watch" from Seiko as my everyday watch. If you are into smart watches in general, the Garmin does that better than the Teric, but lacks air integration. I know several people that wear it as their everyday watch, but I would only do that on something like a liveaboard or other tropical destination where I was diving every day and didn't want to swap watches. I'm hoping they come out with some more "Smart watch" features in the surface mode which will make it a lot more appealing to many as an everyday watch. In the interim, it's the best watch computer out there and certainly works as a watch on the surface

I don’t own one. However the watch world is SOOO rich, diverse and interesting that I wouldn’t use it as everyday watch anyway.

It really isn’t a fantastic every day watch:
Big and quite heavy
Doesn’t have an ambient light sensor so doesn’t auto dim/brighten.
No accelerometer, so the display is on all the time. Doesn’t know when you have picked up your watch to read it.
Very limited range of watch faces.

I wear an Apple watch as my everyday watch, but do wear my Teric as a watch on days that I know I will be diving. I dive fairly regularly at work and like to have my Teric for that even though it is not required. I don't think that I could give up all of the features that I am used to in a smart watch. It is pretty hard to imagine giving up the ability to look at text messages in meetings without having to look at my phone.

If you are into smart watches in general, the Garmin does that better than the Teric, but lacks air integration. I know several people that wear it as their everyday watch...
My Descent Mk1 is my everyday (24/7) watch. There are so many non-diving features it makes it worth it (to me) to wear it all the time.

The only problem is finding an appropriate time to charge it - I usually do it while sitting at work and it takes around an hour (depending on the original charge).

I don't wear it as an everyday watch, but when on a warm water dive trip, I wear it almost constantly. I find it very convenient to download my dives to my iPhone while waiting for meals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom