Teric Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Summing up...why would you/anyone want to go there...
You've proposed a not very happy scenario, and they shot it down as why would anyone want to go there.
I'm not sure it is actually the scenario in play, however. You are reading much more into the OP than is there, including timelines. Nowhere in that OP does it say the Teric has been gone for a month to the repair facility....all he says is, "My LDS sent back to Shearwater and they updated firmware and replaced depth sensor. I am leaving for remote diving trip in less than a month and waiting for Teric to return to test."

Sorry but you are really not mentioning how it has failed. I'll look at the other thread.

The computer failed to remain connected to my transmitter. I kept losing the reading for T1 communications so had no idea how much air was left.

The computer failed to remain connected to my transmitter. I kept losing the reading for T1 communications so had no idea how much air was left.
Can you describe where the transmitter was on the first stage, what kind of first stage, and where the Teric was on you?
In other words, the configuration of your gear?

If you research the Teric...you'll likely find that fabrication is contracted out...and if that's the case...the location of the contractor is not anywhere in North America...

Incorrect.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

The two Teric problem threads have been merged and the Teric thread that had been under Introductions is now with the Teric Problem thread under Computers

Can you describe where the transmitter was on the first stage, what kind of first stage, and where the Teric was on you?
In other words, the configuration of your gear?
I have a Scubapro MK25 first stage, transmitter was on the HP port on my right side. Computer was on my right wrist. All of that is on par with recommended configuration.

I have a Scubapro MK25 first stage, transmitter was on the HP port on my right side. Computer was on my right wrist. All of that is on par with recommended configuration.
Try changing the battery on the transmitter, the only comm loss I’ve had was after a year of heavy use where that transmitter made a lot of dives and I got the loss signal at the beginning of a dive, changed the battery and no more signal loss.

The computer and transmitter are only 2 months old. When it failed the first time at the testing pool at the LDS, they changed the transmitter battery. No good. Then they provided a new transmitter. No good. The attached image is what I got even after a new transmitter. The computer is at Shearwater for repair. I just don't have faith in it any longer and have buyer's remorse.
upload_2020-1-12_7-57-43.png

The computer and transmitter are only 2 months old. When it failed the first time at the testing pool at the LDS, they changed the transmitter battery. No good. Then they provided a new transmitter. No good. The attached image is what I got even after a new transmitter. The computer is at Shearwater for repair. I just don't have faith in it any longer and have buyer's remorse.View attachment 560981
Are you showing this photo to demonstrate the comms failure?
If so, be aware that the transmitter will not activate and transmit until it is under pressure, so it has to be screwed into a port, the regulator placed on a tank and pressurised before you are able to see any pressure reading.
Well, this is what the instructions for the perdix are and I assume it will be the same.

Back
Top Bottom