Installation of a bulkhead connector for a BZ400 undersuit question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

View attachment 504270

Here’s the back (inside suit) side of my inflator valve. I think it’s an older version as there is no way that backplate consists of 2 parts. I'm trying to get the replacement parts from the newer version, but at this point it's either get a new Apeks valve and use the Santi connector, or just bite the bullet and buy the Thermovalve.

How did you solve this? I have the same issue with a DUI suit made 2017.

How did you solve this? I have the same issue with a DUI suit made 2017.
I sent it in to Dive Right in Scuba and they had to "destroy" the backplate to get it off. It's definitely a unique backplate that DUI uses (it's supposed to have a lower profile against your chest), and they tend to get some of the silicone sealant on the threads to make it virtually impossible to remove. Once it was off, DRIS installed the Santi Thermovalve that I bought from them. Works like a charm now.

I sent it in to Dive Right in Scuba and they had to "destroy" the backplate to get it off. It's definitely a unique backplate that DUI uses (it's supposed to have a lower profile against your chest), and they tend to get some of the silicone sealant on the threads to make it virtually impossible to remove. Once it was off, DRIS installed the Santi Thermovalve that I bought from them. Works like a charm now.
Thanks for reply!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom