1st Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The firmware has been stated as different. There has been an admission to a tweak in the algorithm, and there might be more. A user here on SB has been using the Deep6 and tracking dives with his SW with settings essentially the same. They are significantly close.

I do not know anything in regard to the Crest. The Deep6 folks have outwardly said the software (updater) for the Crest will brick the Deep6 unit if used.

that oceanic is a great deal for a computer that will do two gasses, nitrox and up to 99%.

And you can add thirty bucks for 3-year 3rd party coverage. IME if you have to use it, those guys cut you a check for 90% of the purchase price no questions asked. Not that you'd expect to use it, this is a long-established product...

I hear the UI sucks though.

And you can add thirty bucks for 3-year 3rd party coverage. IME if you have to use it, those guys cut you a check for 90% of the purchase price no questions asked. Not that you'd expect to use it, this is a long-established product...

I hear the UI sucks though.

The UI on the Geo 2.0 sucked donkey balls. I’ve been told the UI on the Geo 4.0 is better, but I’ve never checked it out.

I've had a Geo 2 for nearly 9 years, I don't find the UI difficult, though others do.

The Geo 2 requires an optional cable for download, $99. Today, I would spend the extra $50 and go with the Geo 4

I thank y'all for the inputs will definitely check it out

I recently got the Aqualung I300c wrist computer and love it! It is very simple to use and has all the features you need. I think it was 299 or a bit under. My local dive shop recommended it due to its ease of use. I used it first last September in California when i did a few dives off Lajolla Shores and again in October in Roatan during a week long Dive trip. Worked great!

NOW HEARS THE THING: even though its simple to use you need to learn how to use it before going diving! And that goes for ANY computer you get. On my last dive trip there were some that did not know how to use their computer and wasted a lot of time figuring it out. I really went over mine well before taking it diving and even took the manual with me that i printed just in case!

Now my buddy who also went to Roatan with me almost got the same one as me but decided on the aqualung i200c because its smaller. It about the size of a large wrist watch that you can wear all the time. He like that because he has a sail boat and is always on the water...He also likes his very much, but admits that its a bit more complicated to figure out and use...Bit to small for me as it harder to see the numbers, especially if you need readers...lol. Mine is small enough but i can see it ok.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom