24 hours at Langkawi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alekseolsen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all.

I'll land on Langkawi airport sunday 8th at 10.10 in the morning, and will join a vessel monday morning.

Would any of you know if there's any Dive ops I could join that goes out in the afternoon/evening?

I'd love to first in a dive or two.

CMAS ** and Nitrox certified if it matters, need to rent all equipment apart from my computer. (On a work trip).

All help deeply appreciated!

This is possibly too late for you but your best bet would be Langkawi Scuba (https://www.langkawi-scuba.com/).

Langkawi Scuba dive around Langkawi island itself rather at Pulau Payar marine park. I don't think you'd find a dive shop that would take you out to Pulau Payar in the afternoon. Their trips normally start in the morning but you could ask whether they can do something custom for you.

Thank
This is possibly too late for you but your best bet would be Langkawi Scuba (https://www.langkawi-scuba.com/).

Langkawi Scuba dive around Langkawi island itself rather at Pulau Payar marine park. I don't think you'd find a dive shop that would take you out to Pulau Payar in the afternoon. Their trips normally start in the morning but you could ask whether they can do something custom for you.

Thanks for that, after speaking with a few operators, I was advice to contact Langkawi Scuba Dive. Unfortunately the afternoon dive was cancelled due to "choppy seas", so I had a jet-ski trip instead.

I'll cross my fingers for next time instead!

Ah that's a shame, better luck next time. I've dived Langkawi island with Langkawi Scuba once and it was a very different experience to all the other diving I've done (reefs in clear-ish water) but was fun nonetheless and I'd say I would do the island again rather than go to the marine park just because the speed boat ride to the marine park was so uncomfortable!

I have 4 days on Langkawi - I fly there Monday eve. I wasn't really planning on diving - I've been spoiled with Indonesia diving. Blowing bubbles is always fun, but I would probably pass unless there was something special to see or really great diving.

Back
Top Bottom