1st Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RED6

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello All, will be going to the Philippines this February, I would like to ask for any recommendations for a wrist type dive computer which is reliable, good quality, and ease of use for a beginner like me and something thats not gonna slash my wallet , I will be doing rec diving since im still building my skills btw im just a OW cert, I Thank You for any help you guys could share...

Budget? AI? Wrist/Console? Form factor (watch sized?) Download data? Cable/BT? Battery (user replaceable)?

Many offerings exist from many vendors.

Once you narrow down your choices, draw up a list of pros and cons and buy the best computer you can afford for your overall budget. Most of us at one time or another have regretted not spending a bit more on a better model because we have rationalized that something cheaper would meet our requirements. Sometimes the less expensive gear works just fine, but sometimes it becomes trash all too quickly. Good options mentioned above.

Hello All, will be going to the Philippines this February, I would like to ask for any recommendations for a wrist type dive computer which is reliable, good quality, and ease of use for a beginner like me and something thats not gonna slash my wallet , I will be doing rec diving since im still building my skills btw im just a OW cert, I Thank You for any help you guys could share...

If you don't mind the smaller display size, this: https://www.amazon.com/Oceanic-Wrist-Computer-Slate-Blue/dp/B0037UVVZI --grab 'em while they last.

If you're on a budget, LP has Puck Pro for $175. But Geo is arguably a better computer in many respects.

I'll second the Cressi Leonardo. I started diving 4 years ago, and it was my first computer. Once you get used to how it works through menus, it's pretty straightforward, cheap, and reliable.

You're going to get a LOT of opinions on SB about computers. IMO, you don't need anything more advanced as a beginner OW diver than the Leonardo, Suunto ZOOP, or Mares Puck.

I'd sell you mine cheap (I'm upgrading this year), but my partner just caught the diving fever and it may become hers in short order.

Aqualung i100 for $199.00 or Oceanic Veo 2 for $230.00.
Both available at Leisurepro.

The latest Deep 6 Excursion looks interesting but I am not sure if I can read it without magnifying glasses.

Back
Top Bottom