My AN/DP/Helitrox course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TDI just changed standards and He is now up to 35%.

I have a lot of diving to do in the 120-150ft range. As I’ve said, I get narced out of my gourd at 130ft. I want the safety margin. Plus, I’m very into photography. Don’t want mush brain.

No clue when I would want to do full Trimix.

and that's exactly why the course was written and I'd argue you're the perfect candidate for it. No need to do 200ft dives at the moment, but really benefit from helium early on.

Thanks for the information. It seems like a no-brainer to do all three. Then the next class would be TriMix for hypoxic mixes with HE?
No the next class on the TDI path would be normoxic trimix. Which is >18% O2 and any helium percentage (no 20 or 35% limitations). Its not really a big jump from AN/DP/heliox because AN/DP has no deco gas limits.

Other agencies doing things similar to TDI AN/DP/heliox like GUE tech1 and UTD tech1 and NAUI heliox allow 20-35% helium but limit the diver to 1 deco gas. With those agencies, the normoxic trimix next step is a 2 deco gas course.

"Marie" - how deep is that pool you get to work in? I know it's big from the pics I seen.

I'd be curious what the instructor suggests with the He amounts, 35% at 150' is a very shallow EAD.... I wonder how much Great Lakes conditions plays into that choice.

You'll love the class, you'll hate the math though LOL - enjoy and have a great time!

"Marie" - how deep is that pool you get to work in? I know it's big from the pics I seen.

I'd be curious what the instructor suggests with the He amounts, 35% at 150' is a very shallow EAD.... I wonder how much Great Lakes conditions plays into that choice.

You'll love the class, you'll hate the math though LOL - enjoy and have a great time!

10ft in deep end. Big indoor public pool my shop rents lanes in. Probably 20% for dives here. I’m OK with the amount of mush brain at 100ft.

I would also love to see an example of someone dismissing pool practice for tech training.....

okay ill ask seeing i never did any pool training for AN/DP wouldn't you expect the customer to have suitable skills to be able to do the training in the environment its intended?

okay ill ask seeing i never did any pool training for AN/DP wouldn't you expect the customer to have suitable skills to be able to do the training in the environment its intended?

So you think there is NEVER any reason to do pool training, even if it’s due to climate? Why should I have to wait until April (when the quarry opens) to start my training? I’d consider this sensible use of our off season.

Our local dive access essentially shuts down for the Winter. Quarry closed, harbors closed, ice on lake, no boats, no shore diving allowed. During the Winter basic setup and skills can be demonstrated in a pool and classroom lectures done locally with the remainder of the in water course finished at a deeper site a few hundred miles away.

Combining the classes is common here as well, when I was talking to instructors to pick mine it is one package.

So you think there is NEVER any reason to do pool training, even if it’s due to climate? Why should I have to wait until April (when the quarry opens) to start my training? I’d consider this sensible use of our off season.
well if you iced over and cant get in the water by all means theres some benefit in preparing for a course in your own time -lets say tank manipulation etc but doing a decompression course (even in part ) in a 3m pool is ridiculous. maybe if it was 10 m deep you can at least shoot a DSMB or do some realistic role playing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom