Bolt snap stuck with sand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Incidentally, my si-tech dump valve on my DS also got clogged/stuck today during a dive. I was unable to fully open it. The surge and sand were pretty awesome, at times visibility was zero, so there was a lot of stuff out there, trying to find it’s way into every crack and crevice.

Back at the hotel I removed the valve, washed and cleared it, swivels like a dream again.

If you toss an air nozzle in the back of your car/truck you can sometimes use leftover gas from your tank to blow the sand out of the boltsnap slider. Better than cutting it off which is kind of a last resort.

If you toss an air nozzle in the back of your car/truck you can sometimes use leftover gas from your tank to blow the sand out of the boltsnap slider. Better than cutting it off which is kind of a last resort.

I love this idea!

I imagined the cutting scenario occurring underwater during deco/gas cylinder swapping.

I keep one of these clipped of on my BC at all times:

BC Air Nozzle

Its main use for me is to blow water off my 1st stage and covers before removing and securing the dust cap. Its a handy piece to have on hand at all times.

I imagined the cutting scenario occurring underwater during deco/gas cylinder swapping.

Unless you have more than 2 deco gases why are you removing the cylinder at all? And even if you do have 3 deco gases with the 3rd on a leash, if one of the cylinders is jammed up front, then remove and rotate the other bottle with the leashed bottle. There is really almost no reason a jammed clip requires cutting the bottle off of you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom