Drysuit suitable for under construction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I worked, I bought an oversize set of coveralls, cut holes for valves, and wore them over top of my suit. There's not suit, and certainly not a trilam, that will stand up to sharp edges. $75 coveralls will do the job.

You are amazing.

I struggle with the DS, weights, bpw, inner linings and insulation, extra side cylinder, hoodie: There’s sooooo much “crap”
Just getting ready and in/out of water is a workout. Add some carharts... gives me nightmares.

You are amazing.

I struggle with the DS, weights, bpw, inner linings and insulation, extra side cylinder, hoodie: There’s sooooo much “crap”
Just getting ready and in/out of water is a workout. Add some carharts... gives me nightmares.
Ah, but that's one of the advantages of commercial diving; it's someone else's job to dress you!

Also, you don't need to worry about all the niceties of buoyancy and trim. Most of the time your plonked on the bottom with plenty of weight to keep you there. Fins, schwims! Just walk along the bottom. :D

You are amazing.

... said no one ever... :)

I had two different setups... just a heavy cloth coverall, including sleeves (aka 'Carhartts') as well as just a pair of bib pants from a rain suit. They were a heavy vinyl so didn't hold water.

The first job I had working was in Hamilton Harbour, building a pier. Typical day was hanging on to a piling like a lumberjack, notching it with a chainsaw and drilling holes for cross members. I remember the wood was very rough and I think soaked with some kind of preservative, so I wasn't keen to rub against it any more than needed. We wore company-supplied Unisuits, but I've owned wetsuits that were drier... :)

Ah, but that's one of the advantages of commercial diving; it's someone else's job to dress you!

Also, you don't need to worry about all the niceties of buoyancy and trim. Most of the time your plonked on the bottom with plenty of weight to keep you there. Fins, schwims! Just walk along the bottom. :D

I worked first for a pretty rinky-dink operation. I was barely certified (as an OW diver, let alone a commercial diver) and I think I might have been the most qualified "diver" there. I'm pretty sure the other two guys were just labourers that were told to "suck this and don't hold your breath". I think the max depth on that particular job was about 6', unless you dropped something.... then maybe 15'.

But ya, rubber boots for all.

Bc and fins are useless to me, and its hard enough to climb trough reinforcements with one tank, let alone a backup
Ill give the overalls a try, i wonder if they will be too flappy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom