Trip Report Bonaire Trip Report, December 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M Our best meal of the trip was at Salatiga, which is the Indonesian restaurant underneath Osaka Sushi. We shared an Indonesian and Thai platter, and had a ridiculous amount of food that was over the top delicious. If you are an adventurous eater then I'd consider it a must try.

Thanks for a great report. My wife and I are returning to Bonaire in a couple of weeks, for a third trip. We have AWESOME memories of Salatiga, my mouth waters just thinking about the rijstaffel. I have become pretty much vegetarian since my last trip to Bonaire, but I will definitely make an exception for Salatiga.

How close to shore were the dolphins that you saw?

Thanks W/C for sharing both your thoughts and pictures. Sand Dollar is on our bucket list for a 2020 Bonaire Trip. Best diving island in the Caribbean that I've been to thus far. Disclosure: haven't been to Grand Cayman just yet. Waiting for a lottery win. :yeahbaby:

WC, Thank you for sharing the trip report and pictures. Very helpful.

As someone who will be on the island in 10 days, I really appreciate your detailed report and great photos!
Have fun! I will also be there 10 days from now and staying for 2 weeks. I see you are from SLO. I am there frequently-- it is a paradise in its own right.

Thanks for a great report. My wife and I are returning to Bonaire in a couple of weeks, for a third trip. We have AWESOME memories of Salatiga, my mouth waters just thinking about the rijstaffel. I have become pretty much vegetarian since my last trip to Bonaire, but I will definitely make an exception for Salatiga.

How close to shore were the dolphins that you saw?
Plenty of good veggie options at Salatiga too :)

Thanks for the serious onset of PBD. :)
Bought my tickets for Feb yesterday !

Plenty of good veggie options at Salatiga too :)

I recall my wife and I eating at the sushi place upstairs and looking down from the balcony to see what people in the Indonesian restaurant below were eating. When we saw rijstaffel we wished we had chosen that place instead. We gave the sushi place a try because we had read a trip report here that said they sometimes use local fish, but they did not have much local fish and it was all fairly poor sushi. Next time, Salatiga.

Wow, never heard of Salatiga- it sounds great! We are big fans of Bobbejan's ribs. Leaving in less than 2 weeks for 2 weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom