Resort Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbilicska

Contributor
Reaction score
Good morning all. My wife and I are looking for a nice resort to stay at.
We are going there in May. We are not divers but avid snorkelers, we have been there before about 7 years ago and will rent a truck or suv.
Looking at Bamboo Bali's and Delfins
Want something clean, not too noisy, safe and comfortable.
A house reef would be great
Thanks

Good morning all. My wife and I are looking for a nice resort to stay at.
We are going there in May. We are not divers but avid snorkelers, we have been there before about 7 years ago and will rent a truck or suv.
Looking at Bamboo Bali's and Delfins
Want something clean, not too noisy, safe and comfortable.
A house reef would be great
Thanks
Delfin's is definitely more of a resort feel and vibe. Awesome swimming pool, direct beach access to a house reef and a couple of on site restaurants. Close to all of the southern reefs.
Bamboo Bali does not have direct on site access to any house reef, but is quite close to Bari Reef, Cliff, Captain Don's, Buddy's. It is more of a boutique intimate villa experience. Villa's are well appointed and have a more romantic vibe. On site rinse tanks and gear storage are available for your snorkeling gear.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. They are very different from each other though.

Thanks
The Coral Paradise seems to get good reviews too
I stayed at CP my last three trips to Bon with the last stay in 2016. I have posted reviews here and on TA. Great set up small resort. 5-6 units. All guests were divers or snorkelers. Pool. Grill area. Great rinse tank, gear storage lockers, showers, drying racks. Can rent truck and tanks from them. Owners are great to work with and wonderful people. On our trips we book the room, truck and diving through them. They are right next to/behind Capt Dons and we dove through Capt Dons and used their tanks, gear lockers and shore and boat diving. CP offers dive packages with at least two other outfits. Dive Friends/Hamlet close by - walking distance also.

We've stayed at Divi, the Caribe Inn and Captain Dons. All had a house reef and would be fine for snorkeling and as a home base. Divi and Captain Dons is more resort like. The Caribe Inn is small and compact. We (my wife and I) liked all 3, but our plans in 2020 are to try Sand Dollar, Den Leman or Seaside. All with a house reef either onsite or nearby.

While at Captain Don's in April 2019, we walked to Coral Paradise and were impressed with the overall cleanliness and the peace and quiet. From other divers' we've heard good things about Delfins but haven't been to. Might consider adding to our list for 2020.

Enjoy your stay. Bonaire is a wonderful place to snorkel and dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom