What is the best computer that meets this criteria...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What are the differences exactly?

We added the Nato strap for extra security, have a separate mobile application coming, had the unit CE certified, as well as providing local sales, service, updates, and support. We have to account for all of these things in our pricing, including shipping, duty, etc.

That being said, we think our price is fairly reasonable considering it is only $25-45 different from the typical MAP for the product directly in Asia. I think most customers will see the value in what we are offering.

Well I clicked to see the ebay listing and it is OOS . It is offered out of HK. I would rather support D6 who stands behind products they sell and are only a phone call away. I can get it serviced fast here if there are issues. And I like the support and advice that both @LandonL and @cerich offer me. Both have been just a call away if I need to discuss something.

Agreed, I am a fan of Deep Six...and not just because some friends said so. I like that you are here and honest about stuff like this, Landon.

Thank you for being open with your customers, standing behind your prod6, and for making good products at a good price. I love that you guys allow folks the means to service their own regs!

I was already heavily leaning towards the Excursion...I'm reading the user manual to see exactly how the UI in dive mode works.

I see it may be a bit chunky for a regular daily wrist watch...but I can live with it being dive only :)

I will most likely buy one of yours once my own DC (for sale on here) sells :)

Any ETA or screen shots of the forthcoming mobile app?

I'm reading the user manual to see exactly how the UI in dive mode works.

Uh oh... please be pre-warned that is a 'beta' version of the manual. Apologies. lol

A final manual version with better images and instruction will follow.

Any ETA or screen shots of the forthcoming mobile app?

ETA undetermined, we are actively working on it however. No screenshots yet, as the app I am using is simply for firmware updating and doesn't have a polish yet.

Yes, we have been transparent that Crest makes the computer, we collaborated on some of the features for the final firmware.

Is the firmware update-able via internet by the user?

I’ve also seen some ratio idive sport easy around 350 on eBay (I think) would that fit the OP?

I'm not sure of what they were doing with three transmitters, but having three is not hard:

travel gas, back gas, deco gas

twin back gas, deco 1 gas, deco 2 gas

[as you said] SM gas,deco bottle

Some folks may want to put two transmitters on their twins....not my personal preference.

But, anyway...the manual also presents the same above cases for three transmitters.
LOL. Travel gas? This is not "lite deco."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom