Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

F641AB0B-4988-4241-9CB3-FC71C8309CCA.jpeg

@The Bristol Pirate isn't that suit telescopic? I thought the non-telescopic option has no fold-over and looks more like a 'onesie'?

Either way, enjoy and let us know how the first dive goes

No, that is the non-TLS. If you look back at the first post in this thread, you will see what a TLS suit looks like.

@The Bristol Pirate isn't that suit telescopic? I thought the non-telescopic option has no fold-over and looks more like a 'onesie'?

Either way, enjoy and let us know how the first dive goes

yes as Stuart said, the basic suit does not have a full telescopic mid section, just a bit at the back. Thanks, can’t wait till I get the chance to try it hopefully the 11th our local quarry is then open.

Well, my seaskin nova arrived just before christmas... ordered in September and they shipped just a couple of days after their estimated despatch date. The suit fits ok, not quite as trim as my buddy's suits (argonaught and santi), but acceptable. I ordered it with the TLS option, expedition pockets, qcs cuffs, reinforcements, knee pads, p-valve, plastic ykk zipper, etc...

The pockets are perfectly placed and they are easy to reach. The shoulders have a bit more bulk in them than I expected, but in practice I can easily reach my valves and the suit still vents easily while trimmed. The glue was stiff offgassing when it arrived and I need to let it air out. It is getting less obnoxious over the past few days while hanging. I immediately popped out the oval cuffs and installed my glove rings (skanna which are now made by ultima). I was interested in the ellipse system, but have heard its difficult to don and doff so I'm holding off for now. The suit also seems less bouyant than my previous fusion bullet (neoprene skin). I have removed a couple pounds already and may ditch a couple more.

So far the suit seems well built and has all the features I wanted at an unbeatable price point. Time will tell, but so far I'm pretty pleased.

Well, my seaskin nova arrived just before christmas... ordered in September and they shipped just a couple of days after their estimated despatch date. The suit fits ok, not quite as trim as my buddy's suits (argonaught and santi), but acceptable. I ordered it with the TLS option, expedition pockets, qcs cuffs, reinforcements, knee pads, p-valve, plastic ykk zipper, etc...

The pockets are perfectly placed and they are easy to reach. The shoulders have a bit more bulk in them than I expected, but in practice I can easily reach my valves and the suit still vents easily while trimmed. The glue was stiff offgassing when it arrived and I need to let it air out. It is getting less obnoxious over the past few days while hanging. I immediately popped out the oval cuffs and installed my glove rings (skanna which are now made by ultima). I was interested in the ellipse system, but have heard its difficult to don and doff so I'm holding off for now. The suit also seems less bouyant than my previous fusion bullet (neoprene skin). I have removed a couple pounds already and may ditch a couple more.

So far the suit seems well built and has all the features I wanted at an unbeatable price point. Time will tell, but so far I'm pretty pleased.

Hi would be interested in a photo to see how it compares to mine? Totally agree with you about the glue, mine was exactly the same.

My new Seaskin Ultra (compressed neoprene) suit arrived today. I ordered it on November 4th. I did a quick try-on, just over shorts and a t-shirt and it seems to fit perfectly. But, with undergarments and when I can get somebody to zip it shut will be the real test. Hopefully, this weekend.

I got the Ultra with only a few options:

Main zipper cover
Trigon Pee valve
Si Tech valves
Comfort patch (inside, behind inflator valve)
Braces (suspenders - on inside)
Zippered pockets on both thighs
Trilobite on right and left forearms
Kevlar knee pads (w/no writing)
Name and flag on right arm
Deluxe changing mat/carry bag, also with name and flag patch

Oh, and I ordered a Seaskin drysuit hood, too. May as well be a full-on Seaskin poster boy.

Total bill with shipping to the US was a bit under USD$900. You just can't beat that for a made-to-measure, high quality dry suit!

I'll post a real review after I have dived it. My thought (hope!?) is that this suit is going to be my new go-to for any water from 70F down to around 50. Maybe even upper 40s. Below that it will be my trilam with thicker undies (and proper dry gloves).

Seaskin Ultra 1.jpg

My new Seaskin Ultra (compressed neoprene) suit arrived today. I ordered it on November 4th. I did a quick try-on, just over shorts and a t-shirt and it seems to fit perfectly. But, with undergarments and when I can get somebody to zip it shut will be the real test. Hopefully, this weekend.

I got the Ultra with only a few options:

Main zipper cover
Trigon Pee valve
Si Tech valves
Comfort patch (inside, behind inflator valve)
Braces (suspenders - on inside)
Zippered pockets on both thighs
Trilobite on right and left forearms
Kevlar knee pads (w/no writing)
Name and flag on right arm
Deluxe changing mat/carry bag, also with name and flag patch

Oh, and I ordered a Seaskin drysuit hood, too. May as well be a full-on Seaskin poster boy.

Total bill with shipping to the US was a bit under USD$900. You just can't beat that for a made-to-measure, high quality dry suit!

I'll post a real review after I have dived it. My thought (hope!?) is that this suit is going to be my new go-to for any water from 70F down to around 50. Maybe even upper 40s. Below that it will be my trilam with thicker undies (and proper dry gloves).

View attachment 559770

Why not front zip also?

Why kind of boots did you get with it?

Why not front zip also?

Why kind of boots did you get with it?

If they offered a front zip option for their neoprene suit, I would have gotten it. I have asked them multiple times and they say that front zip on a neoprene suit does not work well, so they won't offer it. I had a Bare compressed neoprene front zip suit in the past and it worked just fine for me, so obviously I don't agree with them on that point. But, they have what they have and my choices were get it with back zip or don't get it.

I got the standard option for the suit, which is their attached boots. They offer an attached "Tech Boot" option, which I did not get. I think they did not have that option when I ordered my suit. If I had seen that option, I would have gotten it. Either they didn't have it or I was too hasty and didn't notice it. But, I think they didn't have it.

If you go here, there are pictures of the suit with the standard boots.

Dry Suit - Seaskin Ultra Drysuit - Seaskin Custom Diving Suits

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom