Just Earned PADI OWD CERT. What’s Next

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drysuit and Rescue sound good. Other than that, I would let training be dictated by the type of diving I would want to do if different than what you currently doing or have been trained for.

Get your AOW and at least Adventure Diver, then you qualify for Rescue, which is what many on the Board here suggest. Rescue skills used to be taught in OW decades ago (so I hear). Invaluable stuff and hard to believe many don't do Rescue. Since you've been diving on & off you are probably good enough on the basics to take Rescue. Curious, how did you do so much diving & get Air fills without a cert. card?

"Just Earned PADI OWD CERT. What’s Next"

The best years of your life.
I’m sorry, for some reason I read it as AOW.
OK then, it’s basic open water he got.
The next would be advanced so you can go on boats without getting hassled and then maybe rescue after that, just because It’s good to know. And do a lot of diving, no substitute for that.
You don’t have to get a drysuit right away either, a really nice well fitting wetsuit will work too. Whatever allows you to dive more, just do it.

Curious, how did you do so much diving & get Air fills without a cert. card?

He had a YMCA cert at one time, even if he lost it and used his usual shop, they probably wouldn’t bother checking.

Bob

He had a YMCA cert at one time, even if he lost it and used his usual shop, they probably wouldn’t bother checking.

Bob
I’ve never been asked by any shop for proof of certification even ones that don’t know me, they just look over the tank really good for VIP and hydro and fill it.
There is no requirement for a dive cert to get a tank filled.

I’ve never been asked by any shop for proof of certification even ones that don’t know me, they just look over the tank really good for VIP and hydro and fill it.
There is no requirement for a dive cert to get a tank filled.

Around here if you want Nitrox, O2, or Trimix fills, you have to show the appropriate cert card.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom