Philippines location with the most Western Expat diving community?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fastnail

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Guys,

Perhaps with your knowledge, you could settle a debate with one of my dive buddies as to the name of the location/s where the largest community of western expat divers reside in the Philippines?

Definition:
For our purposes, "Western Expats" definition means people originating from the Anglosphere countries (USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand) and others include Ireland, European mainland and Scandinavian countries.

Top candidates though not necessarily in order so far are -

Subic Bay area?
Batangas/Anilao?
Puerto Galera/Sabang?
Dauin/Dumaguete?
Others?

This may be connected to a location which has the most Dive shops and dive operators I don't know.

Anyhow, any thoughts or facts to settle this debate Guys would be much appreciated.

Happy New Year Diving to you all.

Very hard to say. You definitly have the right selection. I cant think of the one with the most local expats.

Subic and PG are littered with old men thats for sure but they do dumpster diving at night instead.

Dumaguete/Valencia has a very large expat community but I am exclusively dive Dauin and never met any local expats there.

Subic and PG are littered with old men thats for sure but they do dumpster diving at night instead.
Can't comment on Subic but those old geezers in PG just cannot compete with Korean any more.
The "Classic Club" in PG used to include one dive before lunch but not sure if this tradition is still being maintained.

Very hard to say. You definitly have the right selection. I cant think of the one with the most local expats.

Dumaguete/Valencia has a very large expat community but I am exclusively dive Dauin and never met any local expats there.

"They do dumpster diving at night"....hahahahaha (-:

Although not actually ON the dive sites per se, Metro Manila (Pasig, Makati, Alabang) has by far the largest expat community out here. Beyond Metro Manila (and Cebu), I'd guess Dumaguete, followed by Puerto Galera, followed by Subic....

Back
Top Bottom