Bonaire airfare doubled for 2020 for Delta from AVL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kristen8416

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone noticed that the airfare for Bonaire has doubled in cost? I was just looking at flights for this year and it’s over $2000 round-trip for one person. I’m only looking at Delta so I’m not sure if it’s across the board. This really sucks. Points also doubled to about 147k. At that rate I don’t think I’ll be going back. Very sad since we go 2-3 times per year. Really hoping these come down.

How do you get there? I’m seeing under $1k on UNITED from Newark in April.

$900 or so from Springfield MO. That is on United. Bad thing is it takes 27 hours to get back. Have to overnight. Used to be sooooooo much easier!

Would you consider Curaçao ? United is flying nonstop again from EWR and has some fares under $700.

That's crazy pricing, $1055 from Miami to Bonaire! Thats a 3 hour flight, Hawaii is the same price or less from Miami!

Flights to Cancun from NYC have also doubled.

Delta is bad about that. ATL captives rarely ever get decent prices from Delta because they don't have to with their monopoly here. For that price I can get to SE Asia. Actually it isn't all that hard to get to SE Asia for half that price.

Has anyone noticed that the airfare for Bonaire has doubled in cost? I was just looking at flights for this year and it’s over $2000 round-trip for one person. I’m only looking at Delta so I’m not sure if it’s across the board. This really sucks. Points also doubled to about 147k. At that rate I don’t think I’ll be going back. Very sad since we go 2-3 times per year. Really hoping these come down.
?? I don't see any prices that high!
What airport are you flying from, for which dates?

Wait a bit and the fares will fall. It's a game the airlines play. If you want to book real early, they gouge you. If you wait till mid summer - not so much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom