SEALs don’t like split fins either.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder what kind of sea drops they use, evidently clear enough to see the red dot and the target ana all... do they flame their masks before or after the toothpaste?

It's SEAL, an acronym. I opened the comment expecting to read about seals biting some guy's fins on a dive.
Here’s your fix ... of Force Fins

post-72-1121645351.jpg

So perhaps the performance of the Apollo Bio-Fins zip tied is better than other options.

I thought they used ScubaPro Jets. Btw, is there something that indicates these guys are SEALs or is that just an assumption? Just curious.

My husband was a SEAL in Vietnam, two tours. He also was an MSDT and wore split fins. They worked for him, they work for me.
Exactly - I suspect that most who pile on the split fin hate train have never even dived with them. I can't speak for all brands of splits, but I love my Atomic Smoke on the Water splits (pretty stiff fins) - I just dove them in the strong currents of Tiputa Pass in Rangiroa in October - not a problem and performed better than many people with paddles...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom