Current Water Temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTW,

In order to support the clamor defending the man caused climate change, many are expecting sea temps to rise. I for one am agnostic on the issue. But for 27 years I have seen the mid January water temp to be 78-79 F, slowly dropping down from the high in summer of 85-86.

As best I know the summer temps were completely in order with the historical record. But if in the next two weeks we don't get to 78 -79F I may have to change my outlook.

Dave Dillehay

Very basic chemistry supports man is causing warming.

Fossil fuels release CO2.
CO2 absorbs Infrared radiation and warms up.
CO2 basically acts as a blanket. It is a simple concept to understand that blankets keep you warm, that black cars get warmer than white cars and that a thermos keeps your coffee warm,

I have seen middle schoolers in science fairs prove this by filling one ballon with regular air and another with elevated CO2, expose to infrared light and then measure the temperature. The balloon filled with co2 is always warmer.

It is all very, very basic science obscured by people who have mislead many that they can ignore science and choose to believe something else.

We are at a scary point in humanity in that we are the most technologically advanced ever while at the same time technologically illiterate.

FB_IMG_1577917718211.jpg

Everyone's CO2 emissions are a problem. I'd like to see a reputable source that can show that 97% of all CO2 emissions come from "natural" (not human driven) sources; I do not believe it.

Everyone's CO2 emissions are a problem. I'd like to see a reputable source that can show that 97% of all CO2 emissions come from "natural" (not human driven) sources; I do not believe it.

I spent about 30 seconds searching sources of CO2. My quick search found lots of pie graphs, but all that I clicked on were either divided by sources of natural emissions or divided by sources of pollution. None of the five or six I clicked on combined the two sources. I will search more when I get to a computer screen. I hate searching on my phone.

Very basic chemistry supports man is causing warming.

Fossil fuels release CO2.
CO2 absorbs Infrared radiation and warms up.
CO2 basically acts as a blanket. It is a simple concept to understand that blankets keep you warm, that black cars get warmer than white cars and that a thermos keeps your coffee warm,

I have seen middle schoolers in science fairs prove this by filling one ballon with regular air and another with elevated CO2, expose to infrared light and then measure the temperature. The balloon filled with co2 is always warmer.

It is all very, very basic science obscured by people who have mislead many that they can ignore science and choose to believe something else.

We are at a scary point in humanity in that we are the most technologically advanced ever while at the same time technologically illiterate.[/QUOTE

Thanks for your political view...
Dig deeper. Filling a bag with Co2 is not science...

I say wait for January 15. If water temp not 79 F (in more than a few measurement) or less I may drift away from the agnostic side. Just for those who have not followed my 27 years of Cozumel diving, I've always seen 86 in summer and 78-79 F by mid January. Last summer saw a max of 86 F (absolutely normal) and I'll try to get some readings by Jan 15

Dave Dillehay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom