PSI tank whip aluminum oxide pads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guruboy

Divemaster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Has anyone out there had any success using the psi tank whip aluminum oxide pads?

gave them a try to try and remove some surface rust spots from a wet fill. they don’t seem to do anything meaningful.

Never had any real success with them. I tried and too much work. I use this one Whips and Brushes

I have used the kit and have had limited success. It takes a while. The pads that come with it are okay, rougher would be better.

I have used the kit and have had limited success. It takes a while. The pads that come with it are okay, rougher would be better.
Do you run it with the pad “even”?

Have you tried using the pad “lopsided”? Not sure if that would give more surface contact.

This is the best whip. Built in his garage by a friend. Incredible results. PM me if you want ingredients.

D71D933D-B415-4CBE-9F00-31F60F2967B1.jpeg

Do you run it with the pad “even”?

Have you tried using the pad “lopsided”? Not sure if that would give more surface contact.

Did not try it being loop-sided.

If the pad is thicker, longer, and/or stiffer ya gotta figure how best to get it all through the neck.

Didn't work that great for me. I think the PSI motive is to sell you more over-priced "adhesive pads" to go on your whip. You're basically getting $3 worth of emery paper for $16 at PSI.

I made one very similar to tridacna above with a rifle cleaning rod and some stainless cable. My difference is the cable was threaded into the hole in the rod and held securely by swaging it on both sides of the rod with the tool I use for crimping outrigger line with the aluminum crimps.

Don't get too wrapped up in the PSI inspection tools for sale. I needed their $195 torque wrench because, well, "everything else made is cheap junk and far inferior to the PSI torque wrench". I bought one from Harbor freight. With the coupon it was $12.

Then I was hanging out in the dive shops service shop and checked out his "PSI far superior to every torque wrench ever made". It was the same wrench made by the same chinese company in the same black plastic storage case with the same user pamphlet in 5 differenet languages and same warranty registration card going to the same place.

Now it's a good thing to support your cert. agency, but there comes a time (in my opinion) when the line is crossed and you become a victim VS a customer. I know Mark doesn't buy torque wrenches by the railcar load like HF does, but a 1600% markup is a little overboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom