Video of GW at Guadalupe Island, Oct 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nicely done, good musical score, short and easy to watch, decently show-cases the size, speed and impressiveness of these sharks (I can hardly imagine what it must be like to be in the water and see it in person) and it's a short, to-the-point video (I'm impatient with videos).

Good job.

Nicely done, good musical score, short and easy to watch, decently show-cases the size, speed and impressiveness of these sharks (I can hardly imagine what it must be like to be in the water and see it in person) and it's a short, to-the-point video (I'm impatient with videos).

Good job.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it. And yes, it was absolutely stunning to be with them in the water. Especially those who came very close and looked you in the eyes.
I was looking over 20 years to do this trip and it was worth every penny.In 2017 I was in south africa, but haven't seen a single GW. Mexico was the best decision I made in the last few years.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it. And yes, it was absolutely stunning to be with them in the water. Especially those who came very close and looked you in the eyes.
I was looking over 20 years to do this trip and it was worth every penny.In 2017 I was in south africa, but haven't seen a single GW. Mexico was the best decision I made in the last few years.

On my trip last October my cabinmate was on his third attempt to see white sharks. He'd already tried the Farallones and South Africa; both times he got miserably seasick and skunked. Third time around he gets crystal-clear water and about two dozen white sharks. I'd have a hard time going anywhere else after my experience ... of course, one of my friends who had done Guadalupe previously got spoiled rotten about three months after my trip by running into "Haole Girl" off Oahu on Ocean Ramsay's boat.

On my trip last October my cabinmate was on his third attempt to see white sharks. He'd already tried the Farallones and South Africa; both times he got miserably seasick and skunked. Third time around he gets crystal-clear water and about two dozen white sharks. I'd have a hard time going anywhere else after my experience ... of course, one of my friends who had done Guadalupe previously got spoiled rotten about three months after my trip by running into "Haole Girl" off Oahu on Ocean Ramsay's boat.

Well, luckily I have no problems with sea sickness, atleast so far. And Ocean Ramsay... not impressed by her at all, nor by her activities underwater. She surely know what she's doing, but she is encouraging people to do the same - intended or not. And it will only be a matter of time till someone get killed by a shark and people hunt em for such an incident.

Back to topic: Guadalupe is key if you want to have 100% chance to see GW, however I recently saw a video from South Africa which was very impressive. The visibility was, as known for SA, very bad. But heh, to have only one meter visibility and a massive GW is crushing towards the bait which is just in front of your cage must be realy cool. The atmosphere must be thrilling.

We did the Belle Amie a couple of years ago end of August in the submersible cage. Certainly a bucket list trip. The Belle Amie is a great live aboard with a fantastic crew.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom