Kasai Village Moalboal - question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wasn't talking about venturing off into lala land alone. But, looking at the videos it seems like there is a nice reef right on property. Was wondering if they let buddy groups rent tanks and dive the house reef, and how much that costs.
Who could possibly answer your questions other than the operator themselves?

Kasai shore dive - $38 with or without guide. FYI did dive again yesterday and there is a peacock mantis hanging out at the same depth and a short distance down the wall from the mandarin fish. I'm sure the divemasters will point you in the right direction if you ask.

Checked into Evolution on Malapascua today. Definitely a lot of wind damage (knocked down trees, power poles, some roofs, and tons of vegetation) on northern end of Cebu. Everything seemed to be operating as normal. Arrived at Evolution and other than seeing Exotic next door put a boat back in the water and working on a 2nd boat there is not much to notice from an outsider's point of view. It sounds like Evolution lost a boat but otherwise appears to be operating as normal. Similarly to mainland Cebu, some trees are down and some are missing quite a bit of foliage. It sounds like some of the shallow areas have some reef damage. I think our stay will be just great and hopefully so will yours.

I can't speak for Kasai as I've actually heard nothing about them during my 3 times to moalboal. I always dive with Cebu Dive Centre, and I hear other good things about Saavedra.
Best of luck.
If you're looking for wicked accommodations, I'd recommend Garden Village. They're kind of at the beginning of the road to Panagsama beach, just past the cock fighting arena. 2000pesos/night nets you a great room with a nice hot shower air con, a sweet pool, wicked restaurant with crepes and other French cuisine, and some of the coolest owners and other patrons in the area. I've stayed there twice now and wouldn't go anywhere else. Even some of the instructors at CDC live there.

I can't speak for Kasai as I've actually heard nothing about them during my 3 times to moalboal. I always dive with Cebu Dive Centre, and I hear other good things about Saavedra.
Best of luck.
If you're looking for wicked accommodations, I'd recommend Garden Village. They're kind of at the beginning of the road to Panagsama beach, just past the cock fighting arena. 2000pesos/night nets you a great room with a nice hot shower air con, a sweet pool, wicked restaurant with crepes and other French cuisine, and some of the coolest owners and other patrons in the area. I've stayed there twice now and wouldn't go anywhere else. Even some of the instructors at CDC live there.

Hey Luke, how do you typically contact Cebu Dive Centre? I've been emailing them but I don't seem to get a response.

Hey Luke, how do you typically contact Cebu Dive Centre? I've been emailing them but I don't seem to get a response.
Email always works for me. Info at cebudivecentre dot com. The managers name is Cam. Hope that helps!

I posted this under a separate thread but I think it was your question the same.

I think the online reviews of Kasai are largely accurate. The diving and divemasters are good. The shop has rebreathers, doubles, stages etc. if you're into that, or rec setups including bp/wing or jacket style. Our boat has largely been 4-6 divers split with 2 DMs. I've seen most other boats cruising with around 12 divers...this could be a fluke, but unsure. For better or worse, Kasai's dive schedule seems to start later than any other shop which makes for a later day, but then I have yet to see other divers in the water except for the sardines dive. The house pier extends almost all the wall to the depth drop off. Snorkeling is easily accessible regardless of tide level thanks to the pier. I'd be happy to dive to the house reef any day. The food is okay but not great. The resort is quiet and/or isolated depending on your perspective. It's about a 20min walk or 5min tricycle (170 php) to the bulk of the other dive shops, bars etc. The rooms are fairly good and huge. The showers are also huge but with a horrible shower head.

Thank you very much

Best of luck.

Thank you very much

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom