Mare Quad can't download to computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The mares software is pure garbage. The only purpose I use it for is to update firmware. I use different software to connect my quad and quad air. I use the blue tooth adapter with my iPhone app called “dive log”. It’s a great piece of software. Then I use software on my desktop called “dive log 6.0” to sync my logs to my pc. It has several different methods you can use. I find “Wifi sync” the easiest.
Chances are it’s not your computer for adapter that has the issue, but the craptastic mares log software.

I've never had a hint of trouble with Mares software. Maybe it's you and not Mares.

I've never had a hint of trouble with Mares software. Maybe it's you and not Mares.
Same with my quad. No issues with software. That’s why I believe it’s his connection itself.

Update. MARES did respond back in a timely manner, but for some reason the email notification never came through. They have offered to inspect and repair as needed.

When I was getting ready to box up my Quad and USB DiveLink I took a picture of the DiveLink with the red (correct connection) light on and the computer screen showing no connection with the Dive Organizer software. As I took the picture the connection changed to connected. I jumped on the opportunity and downloaded my last 3 dives.

I don't know if it made any difference but I had tightened the visible outside QUAD connection points with a screwdriver just before that last test. I will dive the computer again and see how the download works before saying it is resolved with MARES. They know.

I'm glad other people are not having the issue I have been having. Also FWIW, Raftingtigger is a she.

Update. MARES did respond back in a timely manner, but for some reason the email notification never came through. They have offered to inspect and repair as needed.

When I was getting ready to box up my Quad and USB DiveLink I took a picture of the DiveLink with the red (correct connection) light on and the computer screen showing no connection with the Dive Organizer software. As I took the picture the connection changed to connected. I jumped on the opportunity and downloaded my last 3 dives.

I don't know if it made any difference but I had tightened the visible outside QUAD connection points with a screwdriver just before that last test. I will dive the computer again and see how the download works before saying it is resolved with MARES. They know.

I'm glad other people are not having the issue I have been having. Also FWIW, Raftingtigger is a she.

as I mentioned in my past post. The connectors are a common issue with this style computer. Is the pins are not lined up perfectly you’ll have issues

Back
Top Bottom