What was your "Advanced Wreck" like?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For someone interested in an advanced wreck class someday, but not yet ready for deco diving, how much value is there in taking a no-penetration wreck class from PADI or equivalent agency now?

hard to say..... will be very instructor specific. I hear some people say its a guided tour of "hey look a net don't get tangled and a reel across the deck" and others Ive heard are much much more involved. I'm very happy with my course so far 8 dives in.

hard to say..... will be very instructor specific. I hear some people say its a guided tour of "hey look a net don't get tangled and a reel across the deck" and others Ive heard are much much more involved. I'm very happy with my course so far 8 dives in.

Is your 8 dive course, a recreational wreck class or Advanced Wreck? Wasn’t totally clear.

How many wrecks do you know that a Advanced wreck would offer any benefits? How many of them are in (often) divable depths?
I live on a island with 4 penetratable historic wrecks in a 10 mile radius and full trimix was much more valuble than any cave or wreck class ever would be.

How many wrecks do you know that a Advanced wreck would offer any benefits? How many of them are in (often) divable depths?
I live on a island with 4 penetratable historic wrecks in a 10 mile radius and full trimix was much more valuble than any cave or wreck class ever would be.

On the Great Lakes, a fair number, although you’d also need Trimix for some of them.

South Florida, North Florida, Great Lakes, Truk, Bikini, East Coast of the US............

I don't remember doing blackout mask drills, line drills etc in Tri Mix - Deco/AN and Tri mix are definetly cherries to that class though.

Is your 8 dive course, a recreational wreck class or Advanced Wreck? Wasn’t totally clear.

its advanced Wreck. so far we have done 8 dives. he wants to do 1-2 more on the Annapolis which was sunk in 2015 and was prepped and cleaned quite well and then hopefully a small trip to the sunshine coast for a few graduation dives on the chaudiere which was sunk in 1992 and is on its side so from what Ive heard much more disorienting and closer to what a real wreck is like.

its advanced Wreck. so far we have done 8 dives. he wants to do 1-2 more on the Annapolis which was sunk in 2015 and was prepped and cleaned quite well and then hopefully a small trip to the sunshine coast for a few graduation dives on the chaudiere which was sunk in 1992 and is on its side so from what Ive heard much more disorienting and closer to what a real wreck is like.

@Esprise Me was asking about the recreational wreck class, which usually has 2-4 dives, which is why your mention of 8 dives was confusing.

KentB,

I would very much like a class report if your up for it. I hope to do Advance Wreck in BC as my next course post Full Cave. I'm not sure about the timing and I haven't researched instructors yet either, so any and all info would be great. Thanks,

@Esprise Me was asking about the recreational wreck class, which usually has 2-4 dives, which is why your mention of 8 dives was confusing.
Yes I could see that. My bad for not being clear

but it’s a thread about advanced wreck not rec wreck so I thought it was worth mentioning my experience.
Judging by the number of PMs I’ve received asking questions about the class I think people are interested in doing advanced wreck as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom