VDH Argonaut Wing Weight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome, great thread & info!
Here's the compiled summary (by approx):
#18 = 2lbs / 0.9kg
#23 = 2.2lbs / 1kg
#35 = 2.5lbs / 1.13kg

Backplate:
Alu = 2lbs / 0.9kg
SS = 5lbs / 2.3kg

STA = 1lbs / 0.45kg

Harness:
Deluxe = 1.5lbs / 0.7kg
Dive Rite Transplate = 2.5lbs / 1.13kg

The lightest setup would be roughly 6.5lbs / 2.95kg. Wow.. I should really get a bcd for myself ... lol

edit: STA not required, reducing the bp/w system-only to 5.5lbs!!

FYI you do not need a STA with the VDH wing. It has built in roll/stability control for tank that makes a STA unnecessary. There are 4 little bean bags sewn in at the tank strap pass throughs that stabilize the tank very well.

FYI you do not need a STA with the VDH wing. It has built in roll/stability control for tank that makes a STA unnecessary. There are 4 little bean bags sewn in at the tank strap pass throughs that stabilize the tank very well.
Thanks for the correction! I always thought STA is required unless specific bp is used (e.g. freedom plate, etc). I did read your post in the review thread yet it slipped my mind.

If we take the STA weight out, it will be only 5.5lbs / 2.5kg for the #18 .. or 5.7lbs / 2.6kg for the #23 system... now, how do i get this to south east asia without getting slashed badly by shipping and possibly taxes... :(

My Argonaut 23 pound lift wing, VDH universal aluminum plate, harness with steel buckle and four steel D rings, crotch strap with scooter ring, two XS QR pockets, three XS cam band pockets (one holds a sausage and spool not included in weight), two cam bands, line cutter is 7.0 pounds. It is rigged weight integrated thus the QR pockets on the waist straps. My wife's Argonaut 18 rig is about eight ounces lighter it seems but otherwise identical. It does have a nylon buckle and four nylon D rings instead of the stainless steel pieces.

N

Awesome, great thread & info!
Here's the compiled summary (by approx):
#18 = 2lbs / 0.9kg
#23 = 2.2lbs / 1kg
#35 = 2.5lbs / 1.13kg

Backplate:
Alu = 2lbs / 0.9kg
SS = 5lbs / 2.3kg

STA = 1lbs / 0.45kg

Harness:
Deluxe = 1.5lbs / 0.7kg
Dive Rite Transplate = 2.5lbs / 1.13kg

The lightest setup would be roughly 6.5lbs / 2.95kg. Wow.. I should really get a bcd for myself ... lol

edit: STA not required, reducing the bp/w system-only to 5.5lbs!!

I think you might have missed out the weight of the Cam Bands in your assessment. If you add this, the total weight could be approx 6 pound which is still lighter than most jacket type BCD.

Back
Top Bottom