Zeagle Bladder Cover Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kroyt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have 2 Zeagle Rangers and the cover has pulled loose and frayed at the air dump valve on both. Does anyone know of some place that can repair these? Thanks for any advise.

Without seeing the amount of fraying it is hard to give specific advise. Can you post up a few pictures?

That said, a small amount of fraying can be stopped by melting the material. If more than that a patch could be made to reenforce the area.

Have you tried to contact Zeagle/Huish to see if there was anything they can do for you?

If you are the original owner, Zeagle will typically take care of that under warranty either by adding a reinforcing ring at the valve or replacing the entire cover. Contact your local Zeagle dealer and provide some kind of proof of purchase.

I'm not the original owner. The original owners used them in the pool to get certified and you couldnt tell them from new. Thus...no warranty. This happened on a month long trip to cozumel. The next year I took the other one and the same result. Where can a reinforcing ring be purchased? I own a total of 5 zeagles for my family 3 rangers and 2 zenas. I'm frustrated and wonder if it would be best to swap brands before there's trouble with the others.

I don't know how Zeagle installs the ring but I think it might be RF welded in place. It's not something you could replicate at home even if you could get the ring. You might be able to glue it in place with Aquaseal but it would likely be messy and I am not sure how it would turn out. Furthermore, I don't know if Zeagle sells the ring uninstalled.

Most manufacturers extend lifetime repair service to original owners of BCs but without proof of purchase you are going to be lucky if a dealer is going to take the time to ship it back for evaluation. However, you could ask if Zeagle would repair the BCs if you pay for parts, labor and shipping.

Warranty service is part of what you get when you purchase a product new from a dealer. Whatever brands you look at to replace the Zeagles, I would suggest buying new for peace of mind in the long run.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom