Drysuit Question - Why don't you.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took an SDI course for drysuit and we didn't flood suit. Just my experience.

are there actually dive boats that ask for a drysuit card? only ever heard it being asked for at some shops if you are renting a suit.

I would venture a guess that charters you dive with have known you for a while.
Nobody ever asked the question. No, they would not know me by name, face or reputation. They also do not ask for a nitrox card when I bring my tanks on board. The only time I was questioned about nitrox for a fill the dive boat operator asked me the MOD for 32% and 36%. Test over, I got my fills. For all three of us in the group. Outside of drysuit territory the dive boat operators want Nitrox cards for fills. I've never been asked for a nitrox card from a fill station, US or Mexico.

Never been asked for one on a charter, however if you ever travel and rent one they will surely ask so it’s good to have. The class is pretty basic, but good knowledge if you have never been in a drysuit and don’t dive with a lot of people in them.

Somehow I dive a drysuit without a drysuit card. How did that happen?

because a card doesn't mean **** if you're dead.

A couple of years ago I did the PADI dry suit course. Less because I wanted the training, and more because I wanted the free access to dry suit rentals. They let me try as many dry suits as I wanted during the course. This enabled me to know exactly what kind of dry suit I actually wanted to buy. That was the biggest benefit for me.

Also I dialed in the sizing. My first dive was with a suit that ended up being a little too long in the leg, and with a little air in the legs my suit, foot portion of suit and fins popped off my feet, so when I kicked my fins they just waved lazily in the water, like dead fish. That was a little terrifying bc I had no leg/fin control, and kept inverting.

LESSON:
Size does matter!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom