Finals Suck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubatooth:
Finals can be a pain in the butt,
. . . i only have to take 1 final next week and then the rest arent due until end of next may (thank goodness for incompletes or i would be in trouble as i havent gotten a chance to complete them). But i should have the others finished up before end of january as i have them shot i just now have to print and matte them (Im a photography student) . . FWIW Tooth
BEWARE OF INCOMPLETES!!!
They can bite you on that butt!!!
Remember your advice to the freshmen and keep with the schedule you have posted.

Tom (Sadly, the voice of experience!)

It would appear Scubatooth, that all the brains from your honors student came from the father! That or the mother was simply trying to sleaze her son out of the situation via intimidation. It's just as much a valid tactic for the intelligent as it is for the less-brilliant. Hope the son doesn't take after her, either way.

I had to take the TASP my freshman year at Texas A&M, as I came in from California. The only easiser tests I've ever taken were for recreational dive certifications. I cannot conceive how an honors student could blow it. They'd have to be high or asleep. I got a perfect score on the written.

Nomaster- im well aware of the pit fall if i dont complete them but the remaining classes are photography classes for which i have shot all the images for the classes (the final projects subjects are closely related) so all i have to do it this point is get in the dark room and print the 15 prints remaining for which i can get done in about 2 weeks and then about a week for matteing and then i turn them in which starting around 2nd week of january i should be done by first week of feb and spring semester doesnt start till the end january so im in good shape, then i get to start with the fun stuff in the spring of putting together my porfolio which will be fun because im going to have to cull from all of the prints i have done and of the negs i havent printed from yet from the summer

archman as for TASP which change to THEA and now TSI and who knows what next, but your right its getting bad as over the years the test has gotten easier and the standards less and there wondering why kids are failing at such a high rate. as for my scores i did better then 90% of our takers and i did ok in the math (not my strong suit) maxed out the reading and grammer and got a 7 out of 8 in the writing, not bad for someone who doesnt do well on standardized test.

tooth

I am incapable of doing word problems. On the GRE I tanked that section, near the bottom of the scale. At the first graduate school I attended, my advisor asked me if the score was a typographical error. After I said no, he politely turned his eyes downwards and changed the subject.

I work out tips at restaraunts with my fingers, using a special "system" of my own devising. Still takes a couple minutes. Drives women crazy.

Maybe I should get a CAT scan.

word problems are the same for me, they suck but i try me best. as for tipping since i work for a restraunt i can figure them in my head on the fly but i have seen what you describe and it does drive women nuts but most guys dont care.

GRE yikes im not that far yet but i dont know if i will go that far as mine is a arts degree

as for the scan domestic short hair or long hair ? and how soon do you want it :wink:

Tooth

One of my favourites was a 'valley girl' group of paris hilton wannabes who were complaining after one of the test's I had given in class- they stood there and told me that they had been told this was a blow off class and a guaranteed A, so as they had all failed, I must be setting the standards too high!!!! I explained to them that they have to actually do some work to get an A, to which tone responded " I am NOT getting less than an A in this class"..... well honey- heres some news for ya....

I also felt it was my responsiblity to point out to them that it probably isn't a good idea to tell your instructor that you heard their calss was an easy A!!!!

Great...a thread dedicated to complaining about finals. Three more to go next week (oral pathology/radiology/pharmacology)...and my wife won't let me go diving until they're done. She's had to suffer through my past 13 years in university so I guess she can't afford any more. Worst case scenario I can always try that 'taking off your shirt' trick for a couple of my courses. We're driving down the Key Largo right after my last exam, so yeah I have a few distractions.

Sean P

college is vacation that your parents usually pay for. finals is far easier than the everyday stress of a real job. unless of course you have a low paying mindless career you wont be proud of. which you will, if you dont get off the net and get back to the books!!! the jobs that pay the most involve the most work and stress. Life is not fair!! most of us have to work for what we want. get used to it or you will be misrable.

im done, have to get back to work because i want more.

weekender:
college is vacation that your parents usually pay for. finals is far easier than the everyday stress of a real job. unless of course you have a low paying mindless career you wont be proud of. which you will, if you dont get off the net and get back to the books!!! the jobs that pay the most involve the most work and stress. Life is not fair!! most of us have to work for what we want. get used to it or you will be misrable.

im done, have to get back to work because i want more.
I hope you were kidding... because I can't hear your tone. You don't know who you're talking to. You have no idea who we are or what we are doing... which is just letting off steam about a stressful few days. Others gripe about their jobs here, which I could do too (since I work two of them at the old age of ... probably quite a bit older than you, but they require strict confidentiality). I also go to school full time and have two kids (one with a disability) to raise and a husband whos activated in the AF reserves. So I think I know a bit about real life and stress, probably experienced more in this life than you can dream of... but this is not the place for that. Glad you have the free time on your job to clue us in to 'real life' thanks for the tip. Have a great day on the job.

But keep in mind, they're FINALS ! ! !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom