New to site & working on master diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phil H.

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Been diving for over two decades and presently working on getting the specialty courses completed for the PADI Master Diver. I took an early retirement recently and decided to dive more and recommit to underwater photography (my GoPro travels well but a camera it’s not). Looking forward to the tips this forum and community can provide!

Been diving for over two decades and presently working on getting the specialty courses completed for the PADI Master Diver. I took an early retirement recently and decided to dive more and recommit to underwater photography (my GoPro travels well but a camera it’s not). Looking forward to the tips this forum and community can provide!
Welcome to Scubaboard. We're delighted to have you join us. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures and progress.

Welcome aboard! Wish you success in your journey to PADI MSD. But you know that it will be just a beginning :wink:

Welcome!
Master Diver is a great excuse to do some more diving and is a great way to get some new experiences.
Enjoy the journey and don't rush to the destination.

Phil H, first off, welcome.
I’m curious which 5 PADI specialties you chose to put together for your MSD?
PADI does offer some very good specialty courses (instructor dependent of course), and a few that I think to myself, “WTH no instructor could make that good or interesting”

I’ve completed the nitrox and deep diver courses. Didn’t get much out of the latter since I already have a fair amount of 130 FSW dives logged. Looking at the dry suit, equipment specialty and emergency O2 courses at this time to finish up the MSD certificate.

My .02 is to do specialties you will actually use such as the Emergency 02, drysuit, dsmb deployment, nitrox, adaptable diver, or maybe even the photography. I have my deep diver but that was totally by accident and the shop only charged me the PADI fee so, meh, whatever. There are so many useless specialties that they just end up being money makers for the certification agency and are completely useless in the real world.

Oh, and don't put the patch anywhere visible.

Welcome from Northeast Arkansas! there should be a dive shop around Eureka Springs that should be able to take care of you. They dive out at Beaver lake. If you get bored and want a road trip, come join us at JT dive shop. The shop is in Jonesboro, but we dive at lake Norfork almost every weekend during the summer out of Jordan marina.

Welcome! PADI Master Scuba Diver can be used as a great way to learn and grow as a diver as long as you select the right specialties and instructors. Reading about your selections above sounds like you are doing just that.

I'm proud to have achieved MSD because I carefully selected the specialties and the instructors so to me, the card means something.

My .02 is to do specialties you will actually use such as the Emergency 02, drysuit, dsmb deployment, nitrox, adaptable diver, or maybe even the photography. I have my deep diver but that was totally by accident and the shop only charged me the PADI fee so, meh, whatever. There are so many useless specialties that they just end up being money makers for the certification agency and are completely useless in the real world.

Oh, and don't put the patch anywhere visible.
Agree completely. Except for the patch. I put mine on a ball cap to be worn anywhere there are no divers. Campground: "you're not really a Master Scuba Diver are ya?" "Why, yes, I am".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom