Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

77 off Hollywood yesterday

I might get my arm twisted to do said dive. :)

Force-E has canceled tonight's BHB night dive. Anyone that was interested has probably seen that already but sharing just in case since it was brought up on this thread.

Force-E has canceled tonight's BHB night dive. Anyone that was interested has probably seen that already but sharing just in case since it was brought up on this thread.

Any reason given? Are conditions bad? I am curious as I was thinking about making BHB my first dive of the new year/ new decade next Wednesday

Any reason given? ....I am curious ..
We are in the winter season, but this last 2 weeks has seen high surf with high tides from the very strong storms rolling off Georgia and sending us 5-9ft waves. These conditions are eating away the sand on the beaches and stirring it up just a few hundred yards off shore. As high tide moves inland, it brings this sand soup to the bridge. Viz goes down to inches.

But the good news is all this wave action is coming with strong northeast winds and that pushes clear blue water on the main reefs that we all boat dive. So while BHB may get blown out due to the beach sand soup, boat diving is some of the best you will find all year with tons of sharks goliaths and all the big stuff migrating south to seek warmer water. Watch this link to Windfinder and jump on a dive boat and you'll love it !! Attached below is a pict from the WPB inlet cam today that you can see the deep cliff cuts from the sand being taken out to sea.

wpb122619.jpg

Any reason given? Are conditions bad? I am curious as I was thinking about making BHB my first dive of the new year/ new decade next Wednesday

Viz was 2-5' yesterday morning so they canceled the night dive last night. Johnoly beautifully summarized the dynamics of what causes this in the post above. Sea conditions look crappy all weekend for boat diving but it is forecasted to improve beginning Monday. I'm booked to dive out of Boynton on New Years Eve. Should be awesome!!

Viz was 2-5' yesterday morning so they canceled the night dive last night. Johnoly beautifully summarized the dynamics of what causes this in the post above. Sea conditions look crappy all weekend for boat diving but it is forecasted to improve beginning Monday. I'm booked to dive out of Boynton on New Years Eve. Should be awesome!!

Me too! Super excited to get back out on New Years morning.

- K

Love this lid!!!

?temp_hash=10cb39144e608e099d88a2efa4468ad5.jpg

Lid.jpg

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom