Change from elbow joint to rapid exhaust valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MightyDuck

Registered
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there!

It would be my first question here, didn’t find any answer on the net, so I try it here. :)

I starting to buy my equipment and got a question about BP/W. (I’m aiming for recreational diving, nothing too technical. :wink: )
Is it possible to change a simple elbow joint on a corrugated hose to rapid exhaust valve on a wing?
Or only for a few wings? Is that secure enough?

Yes, easily done with parts from divegearexpress......although I’d be remiss if I didn’t suggest having a long think through of why switch.

I just find it practical to have an option dump air from it without rasing a hose. I get used to it with the previous rental BCD’s. and as I googled it, about half of the BP/W’s got it already, so it cannot be that bad on a technical equipment neither. :)

I just find it practical to have an option dump air from it without rasing a hose. I get used to it with the previous rental BCD’s. and as I googled it, about half of the BP/W’s got it already, so it cannot be that bad on a technical equipment neither. :)

Thats what the butt dump at the bottom of the wing is for.

I love butt dump.

In addition to changing the elbow to a dump, you’ll also need to connect the wire to the inflator.

If the shoulder fitting threads match the Apeks line up, then they make a WTX inflator with the pull-dump included on a complete assembly.

Yeah it's really easy getting your arse in the air to start a dive :D
It's no problem it all--I flipped and kicked down on on every dive last week due to my fluffy new Deep 6 wet suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom