Carnival Cruise ship collision in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carnival Glory has already been temporarily repaired while in port in New Orleans . Gotta keep the cash coming in...will be back to Cozumel end of the week.

Sounds about right. In that instance I mentioned where the ship sideswiped the dock and a reef on its way out, there was no interruption in service I saw from AIS tracking. When we were contacted about doing a damage assessment for the reef a month or more later we were asked to look for "vessel paint or hull parts," which begs the question of whether they even had divers look at the hull on their next port call.

The 4th ship next to oasis is majesty of the seas. Not involved in anyway but that is the 4th ship. I’ve been on all 4 of those ships multiple times. The carnivals both while working for them here in south Florida and the royals multiple times sailing. About to take my 33 cruise with Royal in February

EIGHT of these abominations in on Christmas Day - nowhere to hide from them! I despise them!
Set limpet mines next to the prop shafts, then set the ignitors to go off 90 minutes after the props start to turn.
Won't sink the ships, but replacing prop shafts on something that big requires a great shipyard/drydock and many months of work. You won't see those ships again for at least a year, maybe much longer since the number of suitable shipyards isn't very big amd most are far away from the USA.

Michael

Don't hold back. What do you really think?

Interesting you should ask - haha!

I had this revelation today that my resentment towards the cruise ships is like drinking poison - it's stealing MY serenity.

I also realized that the cruise ship industry is just like an untreated addict - they want more, more, more and bigger,bigger, bigger - one (or a few) is too many, and 1000 are not enough.

So I'm going to approach this resentment the same way I do other resentments that creep up - with compassion and prayer. Seriously some of you may be laughing, but I'm serious - this is how I cure spiritual maladies. It has worked to relieve me from resentment every other time, so it is bound to work this time too!

Set limpet mines next to the prop shafts, then set the ignitors to go off 90 minutes after the props start to turn.
Won't sink the ships, but replacing prop shafts on something that big requires a great shipyard/drydock and many months of work. You won't see those ships again for at least a year, maybe much longer since the number of suitable shipyards isn't very big amd most are far away from the USA.

Michael
I think the Cozumel ferry experienced something similar a while back

A patched up Glory was parked right next to Legend today - should have gotton a picture....

Paraphrased from the old joke...

It's not my job to drive the boat
They don't let me ring the bell
But if it hits another boat
Then see who catches hell!

:D

Back
Top Bottom